Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Parts Where to get, and how to make the best bits. PCB's, caps, transformers, etc.

Is there someone in Australia that can build a Red Baron/Tube-i-zator DAC? Brisbane?
Is there someone in Australia that can build a Red Baron/Tube-i-zator DAC? Brisbane?
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 25th June 2020, 10:43 PM   #1
Kang Kel is offline Kang Kel
diyAudio Member

Default Is there someone in Australia that can build a Red Baron/Tube-i-zator DAC? Brisbane?

Unsure if this is the right place to ask but I have had a few PCB's lying around for years now. Looking to finally pull the trigger and get a build under way but I my electronic knowledge is 0. I can solder, that is all.

Is there some in Australia, preferably Brisbane that can assist with the build. I would of course pay you for your time.

I have the PSU PCBs, Red Baron PCB and Tube-i-zator PCB. I don't have the Salas shunt PCB's but I believe they are easily available.
Old 26th June 2020, 11:29 AM   #2
duncan2 is online now duncan2  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Have you tried -East coast Electronic Repair Shop -Brisbane repairing electronic equipment since 1987 ?

No wonder you have problems accessing electronic repairs I have never come across so many job offers for repair technicians in your area .

If I was 50 years younger and single I would be looking out my passport now.
Old 27th June 2020, 08:42 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Never heard of them to be honest. I haven't had much luck with actual repair businesses here in Brisbane.

I am more wanting an experienced enthusiast who has built one before or knows how to tinker.
Old 27th June 2020, 08:48 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Kel View Post
Never heard of them to be honest. I haven't had much luck with actual repair businesses here in Brisbane.

I am more wanting an experienced enthusiast who has built one before or knows how to tinker.

So you are looking for a local (Brisbane ) audio technician or experienced amateur ?

Contact-

Brisbane, Australia | Audiogon Discussion Forum

Or-
Vintage Hi Fi Repair in Brisbane - General Hi-Fi Discussion - StereoNET

Last edited by duncan2; 27th June 2020 at 08:54 AM.
Old 27th June 2020, 08:53 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

Based on my experience an experienced amateur would be more qualified than the tech's here in Brisbane. Most of them would not be familiar or competent with valve gear.
Old 27th June 2020, 08:57 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

All I can say is no wonder there are so many job offers in Brisbane !
Old 7th July 2020, 01:11 AM   #7
astromo is offline astromo  Australia
diyAudio Member

Late to this call.

If there's still a need you could check in with Nigel at Speaker Bug. There's at least one example where he's done a build on behalf of another:
Nelson Pass First Watt M2 - Schematics and Lids Lifted - StereoNET
Nice piece of work as well.

I'm still a journeyman and have a serious back log of projects and shortage of time. So, I'm not in a position to put myself forward. All the best though.

Is there someone in Australia that can build a Red Baron/Tube-i-zator DAC? Brisbane?Hide this!Advertise here!