Global Movement to shift manufacturing from China to Elsewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Friends,

I am an Indian Resident. As we all know that agter COVID-19, World is changing rapidly and this might lead to averting of purchaser countries to import from China. This will definitely be an opportunity for some other country to begin manufacturing facility.

I am just creating this thread to access effect of this polorization.

This sounds a bit political as I know the position of those two countries foreign policy to each other both strategically and economically but 2 things are in the rules of DIY Audio -

DON'T talk about politics or religion and unless others do I am not about to discuss this.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
I've read chatter (in Foreign Policy, I believe) about facilities in China outsourcing to places in Africa. Apparently the wages in China are just too high... :eek: That was pre-pandemic, though.

These days, I think the world is coming to terms with the fact that producing everything in one location is probably not the wisest move. Diversification is good, even if it means slightly higher prices.

Tom

Duncan 2,

I believe its not political here.

DIY community is majorly supported by Relatively cheaper goods from variety of china manufacturers, in terms of parts, drivers, components and 3D printers.

COVID-19 Pandemic has already dented Pro Audio industry by way social distancing and high casualty in various countries leads to aversion from entertainment sector. PA and Commercial Entertainment Industry has already in their V shape downfall.

As we know that Today one of Indian Company has launched evidence based Corona Cure, therfore consider India as new manufacturing hub in coming time won't be superlative.

World is going to shift. I also support tomchr views on diversion of industry instead of remained focused on shenjheng like centralised geographic location.

Our community is working based upon individual experience and expertise.

Now it's time explore new locations.

Most companies move their head quarters to overseas to avoid their respective home countries' high taxes and other costs associated in business operation in those countries. Thus, we can say that, market convergence, competition, exchange rates and cost advantages are the key drivers of globalization.

Cost is the prime deciding factor

Most companies move their head quarters to overseas to avoid their respective home countries' high taxes and other costs associated in business operation in those countries. Thus, we can say that, market convergence, competition, exchange rates and cost advantages are the key drivers of globalization.

Cost is the prime deciding factor

I think you'll find it isn't that simple.

I've read chatter (in Foreign Policy, I believe) about facilities in China outsourcing to places in Africa. Apparently the wages in China are just too high... :eek: That was pre-pandemic, though.

These days, I think the world is coming to terms with the fact that producing everything in one location is probably not the wisest move. Diversification is good, even if it means slightly higher prices.

Tom

China has been investing in infrastructure in Africa for many years. This 'outsourcing' should not come as any surprise.

Status
Not open for further replies.