Direction for placement on pcb

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It doesn't matter. If you want to have the wires come and go from opposite sides of the board, do it one way. If you want both wires on the same side of the board, do it the other.

This is an audio forum,l so I am not even considering esoteric RF situations.

If my voltages are so high I have to worry about arcs between the two parts, then space them farther apart.

If you are looking for really unusual circumstances where placement might make some tiny difference, someone else can follow that fish.

Is it part of the test, to see what assumptions each poster applies? I mean is it a pair of rectifiers for a relay supply? A pair of rectifiers for a B+ supply? A pair of resistors in a voltage divider in a signal chain? (Like a cheap divider across a speaker to make a line out). Two caps in series for voltage reasons? Part of a hum balance for AC heaters?

COntexts matter, so inductance that matters in a UHF receiver won't matter a whit in a relay supply. Sensitivity to picked up noise would be about zero in a heater hum balance.

And so on.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.