Sources for PCBs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i can comment on pcbgogo.
pretty good specs, they work very well under tight tolerances, but the silkscreen eneded up always mis-aligned.

Jlc for me is a no-brainer, high quality. Lightspeed delivery. flawless support

Pcbway, never used, quite pricey, but i bet they have very high standards. A must for rigid-flex or flexy pcb.

JLC is great for small boards, but be aware that they will only assemble components on one side.
And it's limited to what components their "in house store" stocks.
But still....at 5 bucks apiece for a run of ten small boards (bare) it ain't bad!
2 days turn around at that.
Shipping via DHL was around $17 for 1 week shipping.
And last week I had them run a board for a SMD LED that is 6mm diameter.
Almost nobody is willing to do a little board like that!

PCBway is not costly. $5 for 10 boards 100*100 mm.
Their boards are excellent.
Their problem is that they use DHL express and that is costly.
And it does not work well, at least here in Germany. A week
of ado with the customs in Leipzig, .de. Each time up to now.
I have currently a board with JLBPCB in production. They have
a new way of sending the boards: ~daily transfer of packets
to their agent in .de, many jobs at a time, customs prepaid and
billed and then within Germany and maybe the rest of the EU
via traceable local mail. Let's see how that works out.

Gerhard

Last edited:
I've used JLCPCB and PCBWAY

I now only use JLCPCB. Great customer service, they were going to replace my order when the one I'd ordered got stuck enroute.

Didnt need to but I never felt concerned for a second. Very responsive and do a great job.

PCBWAY are very expensive in comparison and IMHO the PCBs are no better than that of JLCPCB

Another vote for JLCPCB here. I've probably purchased 1000 boards between work and personal projects, 2/4/6 layer, some pushing the limits of their space and trace spec.

Only once have they not met the manufacture time that they specify and that was becuase they put an engineering hold on a weird gerber file issue that I didn't catch, but they did. I don't even shop around anymore unless I have to have US based boards.

JLCPCB don't have pcb ticker than 2mm, no high temp pcb material like TG170, no 105um (3oz) copper. Also choices for board and silkscreen colors and combinations are quite limited. And it doesn't matter how cheap they are if they cannot do what I want/need.
About "a lot less" try to chose 2mm pcb and black mask and 2oz copper :)... Even forget 2oz copper (that actually not even possible at jlc), use 1oz. Suddenly it is not that much "a lot less"
They great If I need a cheap prototype board 1.6mm 1oz green mask white silk, otherwise, which is most of the time, I simply cannot use them.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.