26AWG OFHC solid core copper wire

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2004
Paid Member
I don't understand either. I want to buy not swap anything.

You posted in the right place, so I think this was moved by accident.

I have been pleased with TME service when I bought Toroidy transformers from them before. Their hookup wire is well hidden in the product hierarchy but TME is a big distributor, so I’m sure they must have lots of it. This might be helpful:

R24BLACK-0100 OK INDUSTRIES - Wire | solid; OFC; 24AWG; black; kynar 460 (PVDF); 300V; 100m; KYNAR24AWG100MB | TME - Electronic components

Sorry, I see I did the search on 24 rather than 26 gauge you wanted, but they have that too.

Joined 2004
Paid Member
I'd like to find a seller inside the EU if possible. I'm not interested in 6-7N wire, OFHC is fine for me.

Sorry, Black Stuart, in the moderator’s moving about process we lost my previous post. I know TME has some hookup wire like you are looking for. I posted a link to the exact item before but it is gone now. Check TME, they have some.

Last edited:
On audiophilereview.com there is a series of articles by Roger Skoff who started and then sold XLO cables in 2003. The articles are all on wire and connectors and very good no b/s reading they make. I only read these articles recently years after I concluded my experiments in i/c construction.

Francois G - I gave up very quickly on all wire that is 'wrapped' with any kind of material, I only use bare wire. Quite by chance the name of Oliver Heaviside came up and so I took a look at the seminal work carried out by him on electrical conduction well before the end of the 19th century. No one has ever challenged his findings so it is strange that the audio world completely disregards his findings - I do not.

After 4 years of empirical research I now use only bare solid core wire and always use over sized dialectric aka FEP not PTFE even though they belong to the same family of fluorocarbons FEP is the better dialectric by far.

So my hunt is still on for a supplier in the EU (shipping costs have become prohibitive from the USA) for bare solid core OFHC 26 AWG copper wire.

To those who say that bog standard copper is fine - have you ever made i/cs using both types of copper to validate your argument - remember what the fat man said - all theory should come from practice.

In 2001 when I moved to northern Galicia in Spain there was a CD all the rage at that time by Rosario Flores - Mucho Flores. I bought it and played it via a Marantz 63 Ki via WAD phono 2 pre/phono and a WAD KAT 88 amp and Heybrook Sextet speakers - it was simply unlistenable being intolerably bright.

With my final iteration of i/cs it had become entirely listenable and enjoyable using - bare solid core wire either MWS silver/plated OFHC or high purity silver and oversized FEP tubing as dialectric. Neither type of i/c was expensive to make and they beat the crap out of bog standard copper wire and bog standard construction.

Remember what the fat man said - all theory should come from practice, something I wholeheartedly endorse - from practice.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.