Drop-in replacement speaker terminals for Klipsch Promedia 2.1

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone:

The terminals finally broke on my Klipsch Promedia 2.1 (original version with power swtich). I need a drop-in replacement. As I understand it, anything bigger would requiring cutting the metal on the backside of the Bash amp to fit. Does anyone know a source for a drop-in replacement?

So far, all I could find was this seller on eBay
NEW Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 Speaker Satellite Terminal Block module Plug; OLD Type – Speakers Geeks
However, by the time I convert to $CAD and add shipping and other fees, it will come out to $CAD 50.00. I'm not willing to pay that for $5.00 terminals.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Okay, it looks like the dimensions are at least very close to the Uxcell wp4-7 terminals.

Google isn't finding me anything in North America so far. Does anyone know where I can get those in North America? I don't feel like waiting weeks for shipping from Asia right now, and it could be longer what with the pandemic. They're listed on Amazon, but shipped from China.

As I said, the Amazon listed ones are shipping from China.
That's what I know from the amazon listing

uxcell 4 Way Spring Speaker Terminal Clip Push Release Connector Audio Cable Terminals Strip Block WP4-7 5Pcs - - Amazon.com

Extended delivery time: We’re temporarily prioritizing the delivery of some items in order to serve our customers in need and ensure the safety of our associates. As a result, some delivery times are longer than usual. Amazon's response to COVID-19.

Only 1 left in stock - order soon.

So, I ended up ordering one of the sets of terminals from an eBay seller. That was over 8 weeks ago and they didn't show up. This is one of the reasons I wish Chinese sellers would use faster tiers of shipping service-packages with the slower tiers often disappear, never to be seen again.

And 67.00 for a speaker terminal on eBay...sorry, but that's insane.

I'll keep looking for terminals. Heck, I'll modify the metal amp. plate before I pay 67.00 for a cheap set of terminals.

I thought of that too. But I think I'm just going to try to cover up the rear of the replacement terminals I bought and install those. Those already fit the opening in the enclosure and the amp. Is there a recommended way to plug up the rear of speaker terminals so that air doesn't leak through while the sub is pumping away?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.