Capacitors vs Condensers?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Using the keypad ( to the right of the keyboard) but not at the top, µ is alt 0181 with the left alt key and ╡with the right alt key. Alt 230 will give you µ with either alt key. At least in this forum. 0181 is µ left and right alt key in notepad Win7.

Never mind I forgot the zero ╡ is alt181 µ is alt 0181 and alt 230 is µ both keys.
that's what I get from posting from a bar!

Could not edit any longer.

Last edited:
That is the problem. When I am typing a lengthy piece, I don't want to stop and figure out a multistroke thing to replace one character, especially when everyone in this industry knows exactly what 100uf means.

If you grew up phone texting, where you used to have to press keys more than once for a letter, it might feel more natural.

I might remember 181 is mu today, but remember in a month? And how about all the other Greek letters we use, and symbols like pi and Cyrillics, and so on? I'd have to stop and look each one up.

I can´t get it in any way (alt 230 or alt 0181) in my top numbers only laptop, , no separate keypad, but when I need special symbols (not only Greek) I open windoze charmap on another window and copy-paste from there.

No need to remember anything.
Good for my Alzheimerish brain :)

Here:

¢¥©¤«®µØæÞçÆâØß¼¶½À

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.