Chinese Relay

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So I have a very cheap digital temperature controller (would turn a chiller and heater on/off like for aquarium temperature control) that has these Longle FL-3FF-S-H/12VDC relays. Obvious counterfeit of the Songle brand, which is probably not the most legitimate brand of relay to begin with. Would a cheap, generic relay like these still be fairly reliable and dependable for many years? If not, what would be a good quality replacement given the model number? There are some approvals stamped on the relay, but I'm going to assume they are imaginary, at best.

Attachments

• Longle Relay.jpg
    Longle Relay.jpg
    619.5 KB · Views: 193
AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
So I have a very cheap digital temperature controller (would turn a chiller and heater on/off like for aquarium temperature control) that has these Longle FL-3FF-S-H/12VDC relays. Obvious counterfeit of the Songle brand, which is probably not the most legitimate brand of relay to begin with. Would a cheap, generic relay like these still be fairly reliable and dependable for many years? If not, what would be a good quality replacement given the model number? There are some approvals stamped on the relay, but I'm going to assume they are imaginary, at best.

Why do you want to change the relay? Doesn't it work?

Jan

Well, we know cheap Chinese 400V capacitors for switching power supply are near worthless, I have replaced several in the last week which have seen minimal use to get some devices working, but what about relays? Do we a have experience with no name brand relays and what we can expect from them? Are they trash-worthy or do they hold up well regardless of their ridiculously low price?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.