Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Parts Where to get, and how to make the best bits. PCB's, caps, transformers, etc.

Need Help with part on PCB board
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 26th November 2019, 05:28 PM   #11
Trdat is offline Trdat
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boydk View Post
FB = BFP17. Itīs "through hole" equivalent is BFW92
I found the part with the number BFW92 in Mousser and Arrow but they are not available.

I will email to see if they have an equivalent.

This is especially helpful if on the off chance I don't find a donor board.
Old 26th November 2019, 05:34 PM   #12
Trdat is offline Trdat
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianajo View Post
Yes sorry, thought R3 must be a resistor. 3 pin devices are usually transistors. you might measure one in a similar posistion to see if it is npn or pnp. The pin that has the 400 to 700 mv drop on diode scale to the other two pins is base. plus from base to E & C is npn. minus is pnp.
Best thing if it is under 31 days is ask to return it for refund. If you broke a QA seal taking the case off you violated the warrenty.

Mate the bluetooth is so cheap its probably not worth it but like I said I might possibly learn a lot just from this small burnt out transistor. So I am analysing all the posts above. I appreciate your comments....

Regarding warranty they have sent another one, but I am wondering if I can salvage this if possible.

I know, i said R3 and only later saw there was more codes above. The explanation by pilli clarified a lot more.
Old 26th November 2019, 05:54 PM   #13
Boydk is offline Boydk  Denmark
diyAudio Member

BFP17 pricing list,BFP17 datasheet|transistor mosfet|transistorall.com
Old 27th November 2019, 01:35 AM   #14
Mark Tillotson is offline Mark Tillotson
diyAudio Member

Looks like a dual schottky clamping diode. Very standard for input protection, clamps the incoming signal to within the power rails. If a large signal was present with the device powered down I might expect it to fry if the resistor before it wasn't large enough in value, since the signal is then trying to power up the board (phantom powering).

You can test this theory by seeing if two of its pins connect to each supply rail.
Old 27th November 2019, 08:04 AM   #15
Mooly is offline Mooly  United Kingdom
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Tillotson View Post
Looks like a dual schottky clamping diode. Very standard for input protection, clamps the incoming signal to within the power rails. If a large signal was present with the device powered down I might expect it to fry if the resistor before it wasn't large enough in value, since the signal is then trying to power up the board (phantom powering).

You can test this theory by seeing if two of its pins connect to each supply rail.
Hence:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooly View Post

You could also try removing it completely and seeing if the stage now works.
I also wonder (and it is really hard to tell with pictures) whether it is actually fried at all, or whether it is just a damaged part that has been placed during manufacture.

Need Help with part on PCB boardHide this!Advertise here!