Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Parts Where to get, and how to make the best bits. PCB's, caps, transformers, etc.

Where is this kind of cap used?
Where is this kind of cap used?
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2019, 10:50 PM   #21
tiefbassuebertr is offline tiefbassuebertr  Germany
diyAudio Member
tiefbassuebertr's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: D-55629 Schwarzerden
Originally Posted by nenad88 View Post
Google says its Metallized PET Stacked. I dont see this kind of cap often, where is it used?
Click the image to open in full size.
This is a Siemens MKH-Capacitor - actually a MKT foil version without envelope as used on WIMA MKS versions - check out the databook in the attachment and
hifimuseum.de - Sie sind im Bereich : Kondensatoren Wissen
scroll down - ("Beispiele für Fehler")
At old ones you will find the logo from the second image.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg metallisierte-kunststoff-kondensatoren-datenbuch-1978-79.jpg (19.6 KB, 36 views)
File Type: gif Siemens-Zeichen1.gif (2.2 KB, 35 views)

Last edited by tiefbassuebertr; 8th November 2019 at 10:53 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2019, 06:27 AM   #22
nenad88 is offline nenad88  Serbia
diyAudio Member
nenad88's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2016
So if i would strip wima caps shell it would look like this right?
  Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2019, 12:13 PM   #23
DF96 is offline DF96  England
diyAudio Member
Join Date: May 2007
Originally Posted by jan.didden
Ahh! Yes you see that often in an attempt to impress.
The low inductance means that when ignorant audio designers add a quite unnecessary 'bypass' at least the HF resonance created by this foolishness will be well away from the audio region so will do no harm.
  Reply With Quote


Where is this kind of cap used?Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What kind of XLR? lgreen Parts 0 22nd November 2014 03:18 PM
What kind of amp? audioinnovation Tubes / Valves 18 18th May 2014 10:25 AM
What kind of box is this carshateme Subwoofers 3 27th November 2011 04:41 AM
Hi there (kind of) ifrythings Introductions 7 28th October 2005 11:43 PM
What kind of cap is this ? Bernhard Parts 12 17th January 2004 09:07 PM

New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 03:56 AM.

Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Resources saved on this page: MySQL 15.00%
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©1999-2019 diyAudio