Power plug

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,
I found, in second hand shop, a nice metal power strip. This is a power strip from "Scinetific Atlanta" Antenna Measuring System rack, model 2080.

It's okay, but I don't have male power plugs with horizontally oriented pins for L and N ? I also didn't notice them on the internet either.
What is this, some old models of power connectors, something for export only or ....
Some info is welcome, thanks

Attachments

• power strip.jpg
    power strip.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 164
Joined 2013
Paid Member
Those look like regular outlets - the same kind you use in a regular wall socket. They just happen to be the 240V variety. Take the back off the power strip and see for yourself. Many industrial power strips are built this way. Rather than put the wrong plugs on your equipment, just install regular 120V outputs in the strip. Decent quality side-wired units with the screw terminals don’t have to cost a fortune - probably less than buying a bunch of 240V plugs. Which could ultimately get plugged into the wrong socket some day - and poof there goes your amp.

Those look like regular outlets - the same kind you use in a regular wall socket. They just happen to be the 240V variety. Take the back off the power strip and see for yourself. Many industrial power strips are built this way. Rather than put the wrong plugs on your equipment, just install regular 120V outputs in the strip. .
Oddly enough, the mains voltage in the eastern hemisphere is 220-250; The part of the world electrified by Siemens instead of Westinghouse. Bosnia Herzogovina where the OP is posting from is in the Eastern Hemisphere. Thus 250 v rated plugs would at least match the mains voltage, if not any equipment bought there.

In continental Europe (230V +/- 5% mains V), all schuko power plugs and wall outlets for home use are stamped "250V, 16A".
As far as I can see, HBL8666V is labeled "250V, 15A". I opened my metal strip and on the back of the outlet is 250V, 15A label.

So I don't see any problem here.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.