Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Parts Where to get, and how to make the best bits. PCB's, caps, transformers, etc.

Power plug
Power plug
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 9th November 2019, 07:36 AM   #11
indianajo is online now indianajo  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wg_ski View Post
Those look like regular outlets - the same kind you use in a regular wall socket. They just happen to be the 240V variety. Take the back off the power strip and see for yourself. Many industrial power strips are built this way. Rather than put the wrong plugs on your equipment, just install regular 120V outputs in the strip. .
Oddly enough, the mains voltage in the eastern hemisphere is 220-250; The part of the world electrified by Siemens instead of Westinghouse. Bosnia Herzogovina where the OP is posting from is in the Eastern Hemisphere. Thus 250 v rated plugs would at least match the mains voltage, if not any equipment bought there.
Old 9th November 2019, 10:59 AM   #12
RajkoM is offline RajkoM  Bosnia and Herzegovina
diyAudio Member

In continental Europe (230V +/- 5% mains V), all schuko power plugs and wall outlets for home use are stamped "250V, 16A".
As far as I can see, HBL8666V is labeled "250V, 15A". I opened my metal strip and on the back of the outlet is 250V, 15A label.

So I don't see any problem here.

Last edited by RajkoM; 9th November 2019 at 11:03 AM.
Old 9th November 2019, 12:09 PM   #13
DF96 is offline DF96  England
diyAudio Member

Those sockets look rather like the ones we used to find distributing power inside the racks occupied by Digital Equipment PDP-11s etc. I assume they are used for internal power distribution in other equipment. Not really intended for powering 'portable' devices - for that you need to use whatever is legal in your country.
Old 9th November 2019, 12:22 PM   #14
RajkoM is offline RajkoM  Bosnia and Herzegovina
diyAudio Member

I agree

Power plugHide this!Advertise here!