Audio isolation?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Looking for recommendations for 10k:10K isolation transformers. I have a ground loop that I have solved with a pair of Triad VPT230-110 transformers, and they work and sound fine, but 25VA coils are huge for this. I'm looking at 1140-LN-B from Hammond, but I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas for a cheaper solution.

Thanks
Koda

Reasonably low cost, but what specs? I already have "cheap" EI core transformers like that. The Hammonds are about $100CAD each, but they are 20-20,000Hz +-0.35db... OTOH who knows how close to that these power transformers are, but I figure at such a low power it can't be that far off... I should test one between an amp and a speaker... I think half of what people like about tube amps is the transformer coupling. It would be interesting to make a transistor amp but transformer couple it instead of using capacitive coupling.

Last edited:
I have these, they're a little more expensive but good bang-for-the-buck.

10K:10K????????? ???????? ?????-???

Specs are 10Hz - 195kHz -0.2dB. IME you do have to have the right RC network on the output to get this level of FR flatness.

Lynn Olson did an entirely trafo-coupled tube amp. I'm working on a trafo-coupled, transistor-based DAC, Definitely enjoyable sound.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.