Miniaturized capacitors

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Have they ever been known to leak white stuff?

Not that I have ever seen. They are ferrite core inductors. Whatever the problem in the buck regulator is, it's probably not that.

Are you sure the white stuff isn't the ridiculous amount of thermal paste applied to the CPU. I also notice the sticker has been left on under the heatsink...

I'm not sure what problem you're trying to solve, but I'd probably send an Athlon II to recycling before I spent time and money trying to fix a 10 year old motherboard.

R36 is 0,36 uH or 360 nH (inductor). It is hard to break them, but possible. They don't cost much, but it seems to me, that it is much easier to find a "new" (I mean another) motherboard. And it could cost not much larger than new inductors (if it is not from a notebook).

Last edited:
I'm with the O.P. I don't want a computer to talk to me. I don't want a computer to be controlled with one finger on a touch screen . I don't want the screen to show amazing graphics from changing perspective as one runs through that world, making me motion sick. I don't want to shoot everything that moves as most popular games do.
Many of one culture i'm in, lost the ability to play their organ synthesizer software when microsoft updated them "for free" while they were away from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Latency went up.
I found microsoft changes the .dll files with the same name from one revision to another, to prevent one from using old paid for software like Office 97 with the new op system.
I found microsoft encourages changes in the mainboard so new software is incompatible with old boards. As when lightning took out one PIC slot on my PC, the new main board forced the shop to update me to Win 2000. The new windows software was "free" until a virus occurred and I could not use that windows without it rebooting every 22 minutes. Since I didn't have a CDROM of the software they "gave" me.
I'd like to play Civilization II game on windows 98, until the computer quits beating me 2/3 of the time. I like typing instructions in, since as a piano player I type at 200 wpm. I don't want the computer to talk to me, and I don't need the 3d graphics that make Civilization IV incompatible with all the computers i've owned since 2010.
I'm replacing all the e-caps on the year 2000 main board. I'll probably also have to replace all the e-caps on the hard disk drives. These things have a 7 year life max after all, 3 for the cheapo main boards.
Wood pianos are so much easier. I broke a hammer on a 1940 Steinway console. There is a shop online that can sell me a new one for $40. Otherwise pianos go many decades without any maintenance but tuning.

Last edited:

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Can someone tell me what these are and where I can find them?....

I'm with the O.P. I don't want a computer to talk to me. I don't want a computer to be controlled with one finger on a touch screen . I don't want the screen to show amazing graphics from changing perspective as one runs through that world, making me motion sick. I don't want to shoot everything that moves..........

I suspect you meant this for another thread?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.