Can't Find U1732 Transistor

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm working on a preamp that has a bunch of U1732 metal can transistors, and have been unable to find anything on the web about this part number. Below the U1732 number is 6808.
I'm assuming it's a FET based on the preamp construction and other parts.
Does anyone have a clue about this part?
Thank you.

Attachments

• U1732_FET.jpg
    U1732_FET.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 110
Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Michael - Thank you for finding that. Shortly after I posted my question, I found a link to the 5961 part number (not the cross reference page), from that same seller, but I'll have to get in touch with them to see if this is a direct replacement.

Mooly - thank you very much for those references. I will add these to my resources!

Audiopro - unfortunately, I've never found a schematic for this unit.

Thank you all,

Greg

Thank you for asking. I've been trying to track down the cause of high DC offset in an old Audire preamp that is sufficient to trip protection in my amps. These U1732 transistors are not implicated at this time, but the matched dual FETs and one of the current limiting diodes appears to be bad, so I've bought replacements of those and am awaiting arrival of the diodes.

However, there are a bunch of these U1732s in this dual mono preamp, so I figured in for a penny, in for a pound; having bought the other replacements, I wanted some of these for future potential needs. Since I've not been able to find any data sheet, I didn't feel comfortable trying to substitute some other part. Seller had a minimum so I bought them all. It was a very expensive preamp in its day, my brother bought it new from the maker, and I'm trying to see if I can keep it alive as long as possible for sentimental reasons.

Need Your Assistance - Audire Andante

And some interesting history:
One of a Kind Audire Full Range Ribbon Speakers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.