LME49710 and Neoelec in Niagara Falls

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just ordered a bunch of LME49710 from Neoelec in NIAGARA FALLS, NY. How reputable are they as an electronic supplier. They told me that their LME49710 were from TI directly and are leftover from an old project.

What is the best way to test slew rate of these LME49710? Or the easiest way. I have a 100KHz signal generator and a 100MHz oscilloscope.

I got my LME49720 from DigiKey, but I cannot find any established distribution who has the LME49710.

To test slew rate, I'd wire up a follower on a proto-board, power the chip with ±15V and drive the chip wired as a follower with a nice square wave, about 1-2V peak to peak. Look at the slope of the output and there you go - slew rate on display.

The only thing that could go wrong is that a modern arbitrary waveform generator might give you a DAC synthesized square wave with a sinx/x shaped rise time, and not an actual sharp edge. So, it all depends on your generator. But, a follower is the ideal circuit to torture an amplifier with in order to test for slew rate.

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
To test slew rate, I'd wire up a follower on a proto-board, power the chip with ±15V and drive the chip wired as a follower with a nice square wave, about 1-2V peak to peak. Look at the slope of the output and there you go - slew rate on display.

The only thing that could go wrong is that a modern arbitrary waveform generator might give you a DAC synthesized square wave with a sinx/x shaped rise time, and not an actual sharp edge. So, it all depends on your generator. But, a follower is the ideal circuit to torture an amplifier with in order to test for slew rate.

Slew rate is a large signal spec. If you want to test it that way (and there's nothing wrong with it) do it with say 20V pk-pk signal. Slew rate goes up with signal level, for a given frequency, slew rate with 20V is 10x the slew rate at 2V. It may pass at 2V but fail at 20V.

Jan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.