PCB makers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,
I would like to have a couple of PCB made. Simple face, one layer. So simple.
It would be better if I can find someone in Europe as I'm French living in France.
As I only need a couple of piece for each, a company able to make prototypes will be fine.
Do you know someone with those abilities ?
Thanks a lot in advance for your help !

i would like to use those china services, however they require a gerber file.

any suggestions to use china services when you only have a pcb image ?

Attachments

• pcb image example.png
    pcb image example.png
    16.4 KB · Views: 174
i would like to use those china services, however they require a gerber file.

any suggestions to use china services when you only have a pcb image ?

I would advise getting a cheap PCBCAD package and generate the gerber files. I don't know of any manufacturers that do pcb's from pictures.
I have seen people on ebay who do "home made" pcb's that way.

For something that simple I would use tape, rub-on transfers, or draw it on with a sharpie. Then etch in FeCl3. No computer (or even credit card) required. For “a little more complicated “ one-offs I might consider toner transfer method but that does require a computer. Photo-transfer methods are too messy and you may as well just order them if it’s a) too complicated to just draw on in 10 minutes, b) requires more than 1 layer, or c) you need more than one copy.

I have done large 2 layer boards with a sharpie on copper clad blanks. It is a lot of work, and as cheap as board houses are these days I won’t be doing it again. When the only option for a 9x13 board was over $100 in quantity and all you need is 1 or 2, it made sense. Small, simple one-offs still make sense to do that way, because you can have it in the same afternoon and there one less opportunity for some malware on the web to hack your credit card.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.