Sony TA-N86B, easy or difficult to revise, repair, find parts, and etc...?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello to all,

I'm considering acquire some Sony TA-N86B, the preamp TA-E86B, and the active crossover TA-D88B, in order to be used with thee 3 way loudspeakers that I'm planning to build.

Amp
Sony TA-N86B on thevintageknob.org
Preamp
Sony TA-E86B on thevintageknob.org
Crossover
Sony TA-D88B on thevintageknob.org

My question is:

The TA-N86B, is a easy or difficult amp to revise, and repair? What about the parts needed in case of repair? they are difficult to get? considering this amp's design, revision, or repair, it's complex, and required a very experienced technician? or it's a straight forward amp to work with?

I extend the same question to the preamp and crossover...

Many thanks, appreciate very much the thoughts of more experience audio enthusiasts with this particular equipments.

Best regards to all.

Disabled Account
Joined 2017
Sony design, eighties.
If you're looking for a temperature stable current source, it is this one.
And as a bonus, you can adjust the current by manipulating R210.
I proofs reliable with many other types and specs of jfets and bjt's.
My signature below is rooted from there.

Attachments

• Sony TA-E86B Current Source.JPG
    Sony TA-E86B Current Source.JPG
    58 KB · Views: 93
Well after think about a lot this days, considering all the infos acquired, i think I still not have the knowledge to elaborate a multi amplified active system, neither to use such a vintage and exotic componente like this Sony, maybe in the future..., better keep it simple first, make the Passive crossover recommended by Fostex...thanks everybody, if occur me another doubts I will put it here, apreciate all the help, best regards.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.