Switches ratings and adding leds

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello everyone!

The tonestack in my new project is basically the Dumble overdrive spec one.

tXTFawQ.png

I'd like to add some leds to the switches circled in red. How would you do that?

Also can I use small pushbuttons rated 0.4VA @ 28VAC?

Thanks

Thanks for the suggestions!

OK. I didn't know switches that small were made.

But even 0,4VA would be enough for switching in those position, right?

Another thing about choosing the right component for the front control panel (pots, switches, jacks...).
I was planning to use a pcb there too (vertical or horizontal), but I realize now that it is very difficult to find components that once installed on the pcb will align on the frontal panel horizontal axis (center of the knobs aligned with center of jacks...).

how do people usually solve this?
Simply not using a pcb board there but components with solder lugs and using wires to the main board?

Thanks

Another thing about choosing the right component for the front control panel (pots, switches, jacks...).
I was planning to use a pcb there too (vertical or horizontal), but I realize now that it is very difficult to find components that once installed on the pcb will align on the frontal panel horizontal axis (center of the knobs aligned with center of jacks...).

how do people usually solve this?
Simply not using a pcb board there but components with solder lugs and using wires to the main board?

Thanks

The best way to align components with holes and a pcb is to put all the components through the holes on the panel loosely then put pcb over components, tighten components and then solder.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.