LM325H

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My old bench supply.

I built this about 45 years go. It's a variable bipolar power supply for use with op-amps. It has no protection other than it's own limitations but some how it has never failed me. The parts were junk a kid could afford. Don't ask me for exact numbers. Note I used a NPN EB junction as a cheap ~6V Zener. The transformer is a 300mA 25VCT Hammond. The point was to make a variable and quiet bipolar supply that ranged from actual zero to the unregulated state. This is similar to what you can make with an old LM325.

Attachments

• S7301261.jpg
    S7301261.jpg
    496 KB · Views: 124
  • S7301262.jpg
    S7301262.jpg
    668.1 KB · Views: 121
  • S7301267.jpg
    S7301267.jpg
    565.5 KB · Views: 120
  • varps.asc
    5.4 KB · Views: 22
  • varps.jpg
    varps.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:
I built this about 45 years go. It's a variable bipolar power supply for use with op-amps. It has no protection other than it's own limitations but some how it has never failed me. The parts were junk a kid could afford. Don't ask me for exact numbers. Note I used a NPN EB junction as a cheap ~6V Zener. The transformer is a 300mA 25VCT Hammond. The point was to make a variable and quiet bipolar supply that ranged from actual zero to the unregulated state. This is similar to what you can make with an old LM325.

Looks like you did a great job.
45 years ago.....you've been in the electronics world about the same length of time as me!
We are getting to be dinosaurs. Old electronic techs who can do component level repair will soon also be extinct.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.