Which shielded cable for internal amp wiring?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Sorry that I will speak not about shielded cables, but I want to add my humble experience: I started to use twisted pair instead of shielded cables, and a problem with "witch cable to choose" has gone.
I just take usual 0.22-0.25-0.35 mm2 wire, and twist it by myself. It is very flexible, and good enough for my measurement instruments (including low-distortion oscillators, amplifiers, etc).

Here is an example:

Attachments

• 20190321_HV-amp.jpg
    20190321_HV-amp.jpg
    223.7 KB · Views: 330
Last edited:
I don't know, it's hard to find good enough for me twisted shielded flexible cable (somewere in my area). It's very rare, I started to see something like I need only last years. I have one or two examples, but I haven't taked it apart intentionally, and that twists I see in them - they are less twisted than I do, and they have less square milimeters wires (so they are not durable - 0.10-0.20 mm2). If wires are thick (tought) enough for me ( >0.25 mm2) then cable (with shield and outer isolation) becomes too thick and less flexible for inner wiring - not suitable.
The price for that cables (which are almost ok, but not 100% ok for me) is an order larger then just hand-made 0.25-0.35 mm2 twisted wire.
So, from all points of view I have chosen to twist wires by myself. Shield doesn't help much if wires are twisted good (6 dB max in theory).

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.