Millwork/wall panels - low profile options for power and audio?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Not sure what the best subforum for this is, but here goes:

I'm having some custom millwork bookshelves made and am wiring up for speaker, data and audio connects between an adjacent room. Details on that aren't super important (well, tbh I could start 5 other threads on the topic).

I want the connection panels on the bookshelves to be as low profile as possible. This thing is built with some flexibility in mind, so if I decided to move speakers or source components one day, I don't want to see a honkin' 4" beige keystone plate at eye level.

What options are out there for "low profile" connections? Off the shelf is preferred, since I'd be paying for the millwork to CNC out custom keystone recesses.

I had done some similar things for displays where there was a raceway made into the entire lengths of the panels, with another hinged panel to cover it up, a gap or reveal in which the cords could pass through. This was done to keep it flexible for moving things around.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.