Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Parts Where to get, and how to make the best bits. PCB's, caps, transformers, etc.

Op-Amp = 2Sk170
Op-Amp = 2Sk170
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 14th July 2019, 12:25 PM   #21
WWWWW11 is offline WWWWW11  Japan
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EUVL View Post
So where to get those at lower price than K170 / J74 ?

Cheers,
Patrick
Please ask your local reseller.
I bought 2SK366@¥76 (about $0.7) and 2SJ107@¥86 (about $0.8).
Old 14th July 2019, 12:41 PM   #22
scott wurcer is offline scott wurcer  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsrsb View Post
Or they are the noise test rejects and all bad, that is the risk
The normal full production prices would not have supported 100% noise test. In the same era that these parts were introduced we tested 100% for noise in a Quantech by hand 1 at a time.

Last edited by scott wurcer; 14th July 2019 at 12:58 PM.
Old 14th July 2019, 05:53 PM   #23
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWWWW11 View Post
2SJ107@¥86 (about $0.8).
I bought these not too long ago, I might measure the noise. BTW the Yfs vs Id plots on these parts are exact cut and paste from the SK170/SJ74 ones.
Old 15th July 2019, 05:02 AM   #24
davidsrsb is offline davidsrsb  Malaysia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott wurcer View Post
The normal full production prices would not have supported 100% noise test. In the same era that these parts were introduced we tested 100% for noise in a Quantech by hand 1 at a time.
100% screening for noise would be expensive, it takes some time. Toshiba might actually have been sampling. There are reports of noisy genuine 2SK170 parts, although this might be a result of ESD damage from handling.
Old 15th July 2019, 10:43 AM   #25
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsrsb View Post
100% screening for noise would be expensive, it takes some time. Toshiba might actually have been sampling. There are reports of noisy genuine 2SK170 parts, although this might be a result of ESD damage from handling.
Not sure but I have measured genuine Toshiba parts with excess low frequency noise, but not pop-corn noise. One possible scenario is wafer level sampling and assigning the entire wafer to another part number. It is pretty clear to me these are all the same die, the data sheet curves are simply too close.
Old 15th July 2019, 11:23 AM   #26
davidsrsb is offline davidsrsb  Malaysia
diyAudio Member

Noise figure damage caused by avalanching a junction is one of those things that was mentioned in early low noise opamp and RF transistor datasheets, but seems to have been mostly forgotten. I see photos of 2SK170s in plastic bags and people testing them without any ESD precautions

Op-Amp = 2Sk170Hide this!Advertise here!