Plitron Transformer minimum order USD 1200. (April 2019)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2011
Paid Member
I just clicked on their website to get a price quote for an order of four toroidal transformers. Got this email in reply:

Subject: RE: Request for Quotation from Plitron Website
Date: 4/18/2019, 7:21 AM
To: "Mark Johnson" <privacy@privacy.domain>

Hello Mark,

Thank you for inquiry.

Just to wanted to let you know our minimum order value is $USD1200.00. Let me know if you would like to continue with your inquiry.

Thank you.
Regards,
Dhruv Dalwadi
Sales & Quality Support

I use both toroid.com and Antek. They are pretty much the only ones that aren’t wholesale-only anymore. Antek’s checkout page has some bugs, however. It can barf on orders with heavy total weight (like 6 1500VA units). Called ‘em up, and it took a while to get through (busy). But still easy to deal with.

And it was less than $1200. Right at 1200, if you count the two I ordered a month before to test their quality, and to see if I needed that voltage, or the next size up or down. And I’ve been back buying more since. Their tube supply transformers are about the lowest price options on the planet.

I made an inquiry with them a couple of years ago and got a similar reply.

I recall a time when they were advertising in audio and electronics magazines,offering good prices and no minimum orders.

It seems that times (and their circumstances!) have improved to the point where they no longer need the little guys who supported them in their ''lean'' years.

Ain't success grand...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.