Mf rating ok?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It's the plastic with the metal top.

Just eliminating parts as my Pioneer AV amp powers up but rarely the speakers work.

Onto the FETs and transistors then...

1 quick question, the FETs/transistors that have 4 pins, what are those? Regulators?

Last edited:
Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Maybe, maybe not... post a picture of that part of the circuit and we'll identify them for you :)

Random speaker operation could be something as simple as a dry joint somewhere, perhaps causing a missing rail or causing a DC offset that prevents the relay closing.

Ok, here are the pictures.

I have had a look at the solder joints, a few do look cracked (got that circle crack inside the solder joint) and some look a much deeper shade of gret to the rest.

The pics are the mosfets along with the things next to the, and the other side, both taken from the amps amp output stage?

The other pics are what I do not know what they are, both seem to have a lil burnt section to the underside.

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
I think I can make out IRF9340 on the board which means they are FET's. The four connections are external to the device and so you would have to look at the circuit diagram to see how they are configured. I would doubt they are the problem in any case.

All suspect joints need resoldering, taking care not to cause any accidental shorts anywhere.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.