Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Parts Where to get, and how to make the best bits. PCB's, caps, transformers, etc.

Using higher ripple low impedance Panasonic FM instead of Nichicon KZ
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 16th April 2019, 11:56 AM   #61
dreamth is offline dreamth  Romania
diyAudio Member

I can tell for sure that i followed some strict procedures used once for reforming capacitors and they don't really work...At least i tried with some Sprague electrolitics with ZERO succes.
Old 16th April 2019, 12:18 PM   #62
robert2017 is offline robert2017
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DF96 View Post
Actually, not just on our planet but also in our solar system and probably within our galaxy. I guess you come from far far away where the laws of science are a bit different?

Defining high quality sound is not a matter for me to do. I prefer high fidelity sound, whose meaning should surely be obvious?

What do you mean when you say " high fidelity sound" ?. Something that shows nicely the square waveform on your wave graphic wave analizer ?. Of course that you can accomplish that with any cap ... and the amp will present the square pretty much the same.

I do believe that when you mentioned "I prefer high fidelity sound" in fact you mentioned that you prefer to check the amp thru your graphic wave analizer using the basic settings in order to be convinced that if the amp passes the test this means there is " high fidelity sound".
After reading your conclusions I don't think that you actually have any good piece of audiophile equipment you being more passionate about electronics and not music so you approach a theoretical proof based on different theory you accumulated in time from different sources .

What do you mean when you say " in our solar system and probably within our galaxy" ?. First of all you will never ever find any real proof that this solar system theory is real . All you will ever find are some 3D animated graphics videos showing Mars,Jupiter, Saturn..and so on but you will never ever find any real video evidence such system and a galaxy actually exist..
Old 16th April 2019, 12:51 PM   #63
avtech23 is offline avtech23  Australia
Certifiably addicted to DIY.
diyAudio Member

We seem to have leapt off the deep end of the flat earth.
The ever growing project list.. :NAP140 Clone, NAD 3020i & 3225PE, JLH1969, TDA2050, Fender 5F2A Princeton, NE5532 Pre, SHPA, B1 Korg. : VSQC Phunk Style, Retro 50W, Filmosound 601. : Apex AX-14, TGM-10, TDA7265, LM4780 (Last in line)...maybe
Old 16th April 2019, 12:57 PM   #64
DF96 is offline DF96  England
diyAudio Member

I think my ignore list is about to expand. My mother always told me not to talk to little green men.
Old 16th April 2019, 03:04 PM   #65
mchambin is offline mchambin  France
diyAudio Member

E finita la commedia. YouTube
Old 16th April 2019, 08:15 PM   #66
Boydk is offline Boydk  Denmark
diyAudio Member

If you read all Roberts posts, its just about a capacitor fetisch. Started out with not even being humble of the guys, whove constructed the mentioned amps. I want to improve (by changing capacitors only). Why not buy an amp, that suits your ears. His threads are a vaste of valuable time.
Just my 5cents.

Using higher ripple low impedance Panasonic FM instead of Nichicon KZHide this!Advertise here!