Using higher ripple low impedance Panasonic FM instead of Nichicon KZ

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I highly doubt the US military has hundreds of people sitting around burning-in capacitors for hundreds of hours, what they maybe doing however is sample testing to ensure electronic components meet the required military standards such as temperature and vibration etc.

Last edited:
I highly doubt the US military has hundreds of people sitting around burning-in capacitors for hundreds of hours, what they maybe doing however is sample testing to ensure electronic components meet the required military standards such as temperature and vibration etc.

There are benches set up to burn in multiple caps all at once ... not just MIL does that , PS audio burns in all higher end products prior to shipment just for the same reason

You are correct in the sense that PS Audio burn-in their products, however its not for burning-in capacitors but for detecting product failures during manufacture prior to shipment to the customer, most companies will perform burn-in processes in varying degrees to ensure product reliability.

Consider a product with dozens of electrolytic smd capacitors, these smd components are supplied on a tape & reel (these reels can contain 1000's of components) for pick & place machines, it's simply not possible for burn-in and consider these products are probably assembled via a electronics manufacturing contractor.

Electronic component burn-in is a myth, Product burn-in is a manufacturing process.

I guess Paul (PS audio owner ) openly stating that their equipment sounding like crap out of the box prior to proper breakin process and needing bench breakin , does not know what he is saying and you know better... get real it is not a brain getting use to BS some of you neggers repeating in circles.

Caps do break-in and change their sound signature significantly... some more than others , all once voltage and current are applied.
Caps from all components are most prone to burn in breakin changes .

Only beacuse some people can not explain or understand certain things does not mean these things do not exist ... and these things are not illusions created by brain and imagination.

Paul will confirm it just give him a call... do it, change in sound quality is significant. Take that!
I guess you run a respected high end audio company for 30 years and he is just another hobbist having illusions and brain farts imagining things in his audio wet dreams ...

Thats my point , we don't have to understand the exact process to admit it! You can't deny things only because you don't understand them or even worse make up a replacemnt fake theory like placebo, brain illusions etc.
Only because we can not totaly explain something should not to be enough to deny what so many can clearly hear in multiple casses time after time in repeatable fashion...
Leave fake news and it's agendas to CNN, Fox or facebook.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.