Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Parts Where to get, and how to make the best bits. PCB's, caps, transformers, etc.

Using higher ripple low impedance Panasonic FM instead of Nichicon KZ
Using higher ripple low impedance Panasonic FM instead of Nichicon KZ
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 15th April 2019, 12:37 PM   #31
cliffforrest is offline cliffforrest  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

" ... and I can't be tricked"

A fine epitaph!
Old 15th April 2019, 12:47 PM   #32
robert2017 is offline robert2017
Banned

If one is unaware of an unpleasant fact or situation one cannot be troubled by it.
Ignorance is bliss in this case.
Old 15th April 2019, 12:49 PM   #33
Mark Whitney is offline Mark Whitney  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

I am guessing that most of the capacitors that you replace are part of the power supply or at least connected to a fairly constant DC source.
Old 15th April 2019, 01:04 PM   #34
jan.didden is offline jan.didden  Europe
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert2017 View Post
No way !!!. So you think the caps would break in inside the amp in seconds at very low volume ??.
Voltage across caps does not change with volume. Not in power supplies (obviously), and not even the coupling caps if correctly dimensioned. This is delusional.

Jan
Old 15th April 2019, 01:30 PM   #35
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jan.didden View Post
Voltage across caps does not change with volume. Not in power supplies (obviously), and not even the coupling caps if correctly dimensioned. This is delusional.

Jan
Maybe your missing something . Something is happening inside those big KZs and Silmics and can take up to 200 hours to fully break in . I don't know what but is real. I always use other references for AB tests . Is obvious that your not using a well treated room and other amp references or hi quality speakers in order to see if this break in is really real or not .
Old 15th April 2019, 01:39 PM   #36
dreamth is offline dreamth  Romania
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Maybe your missing something . Something is happening inside those big KZs and Silmics and can take up to 200 hours to fully break in . I don't know what but is real. I always use other references for AB tests . Is obvious that your not using a well treated room and other amp references or hi quality speakers in order to see if this break in is really real or not .
Getting used with a sound or your brains being able with some "training"(200 hours) to hear only what is really meaningful and ignore the "noise" is part of cognitive science, not audio engineering!
That thing also happens with painters when they get so used with some nuances that they need at least a few hours to look away , working with other colours to be able to tell apart the fine difference between nuances when they get to work with them again...
Lo-fi equipment never need breaking in because its bandwidth is already reduced so the noise is reduced too...
I have to tell that again: i understood a lot of the very wrong "audiophile ideas" after i have dealt with some high quality cassette players and their Dolby systems.Dolby was a genius in his noise vs music analyses. The sliding band noise reduction system works because is just enhancing what we already have implemented in our brains by millions of years of evolution.
A similar sliding band harmonic reduction takes place in valve amplifiers so that we mainly hear the harmonics of the lower frequency signals due to the output transformer saturation by the frequencies with the highest amplitude and that was a key aspect of simulating valve amplifiers with silicon transistors and is actually the main theme of one of the best valve emulator patent which understood why the output transformer is so essential in valve amplifiers.

Last edited by dreamth; 15th April 2019 at 01:54 PM.
Old 15th April 2019, 02:01 PM   #37
Banned

You don't pay any attention to what I'm saying . I repeat I also have other 3 amplifier as reference. Total 4 amps. . So no I'm not get used by the sound because I always switch from one amp to the other 3. Sometimes I use an amp for 3 days and after that another amp for just one day and so on ..I always have 4 amps hooked to my soundcard.
When I first installed the caps in Yamaha A-700 the sound was really bad with poor highs and resolution compared to the other 3 amps.
Old 15th April 2019, 02:04 PM   #38
dreamth is offline dreamth  Romania
diyAudio Member

do you have 4 identical amps modded with different capacitors?
Old 15th April 2019, 02:17 PM   #39
scottjoplin is offline scottjoplin  Wales
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Is obvious that your not using a well treated room and other amp references or hi quality speakers in order to see if this break in is really real or not .
This is long overdue, with a bit of luck this thread will now be closed along with some of his others. As a matter of interest, why are people engaging with the OP?
Old 15th April 2019, 02:20 PM   #40
jan.didden is offline jan.didden  Europe
diyAudio Member

Robert, I think you are not who you pretend to be. Too many contradictions, you seem a reasonable intelligent person yet pretend to completely miss the points being made here. It's the same in a couple of other threads you're in.

I believe you really know quite well what's going on, but that you are trying to see how far you can get pulling our collective legs.
You wouldn't be the first. Nice try!

Jan

Using higher ripple low impedance Panasonic FM instead of Nichicon KZHide this!Advertise here!