Just Right Prefab Enclosure for 3e-Audio 3255

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Folks,

Total newbie here. If this inquiry is in the wrong forum, let me know and I will try to move it. Where to, in that case?

My time is extremely limited. Rather than metal bending (which I think is awesome but I don't have time for it), I'd like to find prefab enclosures suitable for the 3e-Audio 3255 amplifier board and its separate power supply board. By complete, I mean with standard holes drilled and ready for parts.

I'd be happiest with separate amp and power enclosures, but I'd also be ok with them in the same box. Each board is 105mm (just under 4-1/4") on the slightly longer side, and under 2" tall. I value separates for stackability to minimize footprint area. I'd like a solution to be close to optimal in terms of minimizing size of enclosure(2) to fit these boards.

The holes I guess I need are for wall power in, power switch, amp power in and out if power board goes in a separate box, stereo signal in to amp, and speaker connectors out of amp. That's all I need. Maybe holes for stand-offs. I can drill through metal if absolutely necessary.

What is the most expeditious way to get from nowhere to having a box into which I can drop my boards and parts and be up and running in at most a few hours?

Oh, and I'm minimalistic/cheap. I don't really care for fancy materials/finishes.

Thank you cool audio hive mind, I very much appreciate any help you can offer.

Answering in a way that would slightly generalize to options for similar amp and power source boards would be a bonus.

Kevin

Last edited:
Joined 2011
What is the most expeditious way to get from nowhere to having a box into which
I can drop my boards and parts and be up and running in at most a few hours?
Oh, and I'm minimalistic/cheap. I don't really care for fancy materials/finishes.

About the only option would be salvaging a suitable chassis from an existing component.
There are lots of used electronics around.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.