Make SPDIF (RCA) to aux cable

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello Audio pros

TV Out port is SPDIF. Speaker In is 3.5 aux. Exact name of cable I need is "XiaoMi SPDIF Digital Coaxial Audio Cable 3.5mm" . PIC:

1435799421512-P-2794168.jpg

Out of stock here. Got to DIY one.

I Can't find about the connections that have to be made. Tried google / youtube. AFAIK the SPDIF is digital and aux is analog. So this cable converts digital to analog ?
AFAIK RCA should have 2 points - ground and the data one. DO I split the data one into 3 and solder to all there parts of the aux jack ? Or something else ?

Thanks.

Edit: Updated Picture

Last edited:
yeah no your right.
Such a cable would be a unicorn.

As you say, spdif is a digital signal, Aux would be an analogue signal.
So you'd need a spdif to analogue converter.

Millions of them about.
Have a look at your local electronics or audio stores, ebay etc will have bazillions of them.

Only if the cable has a power supply hidden in it too. Or perhaps the 3.5mm end is the TV box output, so it can supply some power to the hidden DAC.

I think you need to start again and make clear your requirements. The fact that you have found a cable which happens to have the right connectors on the end does not mean that the cable will do the job you need.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.