Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Parts Where to get, and how to make the best bits. PCB's, caps, transformers, etc.

Transformer Specs
Transformer Specs
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 22nd February 2019, 11:15 AM   #1
sbusso is offline sbusso
diyAudio Member

Default Transformer Specs

Hi,

I have fried the PSU of an Aphex Voice Channel 230. Then I have reversed engineered the PCB and got almost everything except the transformer. The old transformer with no description or name, was sent to a shop to make a new one but it didnt work and now I have only the schematic left. Is it possible to reverse the spec of the transformer from the schematic (pdf attached) ? Le load is quite low and the power rating of the channel is 15W.

Thank you.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf SMPS_R1.pdf (65.9 KB, 9 views)
Old 22nd February 2019, 11:39 AM   #2
JonSnell Electronic is offline JonSnell Electronic  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

I have been repairing SMPSUs for years and never come across a faulty transformer other than physical damage.
The mains fuse will save it.
There are a number of components the fault could be and without working on it, I would only guess at, Power FET, driver/osc chip, R2 will undoubtedly be damaged as will the surrounding components.
Old 22nd February 2019, 11:45 AM   #3
sbusso is offline sbusso
diyAudio Member

You are right, the transformer was not faulty, a diode after the transformer did burn, I could not get SMPSU working again so I went on a harder way to rebuild it from what I had, but I was not able to reuse the transformer and tried to get a new one, unsuccessfully.

Transformer SpecsHide this!Advertise here!