Newb Questions - Grounded Grid Preamp Power Switch

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm searching for a nice power switch for my GG build, and have my eye on an LED illuminated pushbutton switch. In particular, the Philmore 30-12656, which can be seen here:

Philmore 30-12656 - SPDT Sealed Illuminated Push Button Switch ON-OFF (Blue)

Can someone please advise whether this switch will work okay in the GG? And I assume that I would still use the LED lamp solder points on the board, but run the wires to the appropriate connectors on the back of this switch, correct? The stock GG comes with a rocker on/off switch and a separate red LED indicator.

I appreciate the help ... need to place the order since my GG kit is shipping tomorrow. And I'm not using the new faceplate (ugly). I'm having a custom anodized aluminum faceplate made by Front Panel Express. It'll accomodate the new power switch as well as the dual mono GP attenuators I'm using.

Thanks!

Joined 2011
any tips on how to get the polarity correct?

If there isn't a clear diagram included with the switch, you can use a DVM to light up the LED
in the switch, using the meter's diode function.

When the LED lights up, the red DVM probe is attached to the anode of the LED. On the pcb,
the LED footprint's anode should go to a dropping resistor, and then the positive supply.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.