Unknown Resistor value?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The large resistor on the left has 5 bands. Looks like yellow, violet, orange, white and a blue band to me- but that would mean it's a 47 giga ohm resistor?

I know that isn't right...

It's from the HV power supply in a Tektronix 575 curve tracer. Can someone help?

Thanks!

Attachments

• Resistor.png
    Resistor.png
    142.7 KB · Views: 144
Tektronix did an excellent job with their documentation, you can tell what circuit by the component number (anything with an 800 number is for the CRT section, for example), each section is marked on the curve tracer, the tubes are all marked. The manual has a calibration and troubleshooting procedure. I wish Tektronix made audio gear!

Here's another cap that I can't tell what value: (Located near T601)

I see Red, red, orange, white, blue. My wife and son say it's orange, red, orange, white, blue.

After 60 years on the machine, it's difficult for me to see what colors the bands are so I can replace it. It measure 32 nF on my Fluke multimeter.

Any help is appreciated...

Cap 2.jpg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.