Balanced to Unblanced Matching Transformer??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My friend has a preamplifier from Balanced Auido technlogy and it's only offers blaanced output, however the tube amplifier only has unbalanced input. Bal/Unbal adapter is not considered as it will degrade the quality of sound based on some guru comments but transformer will do a good jog and better isolation for bonus.

Which of the Jensen ISO-MAX series would do the job? Any suggestion??

Transformers | Jensen Transformers

Thanks!

While I don't know the technology used in the Balanced Auido Technlogy pre-amp output circuit, many designs can drive an unbalanced input without a transformer. Guru generalizations are often incorrect.
But for transformers, Jensen would be my first choice. Contact them for model number.

My Focusrite Clarett 4Pre is Balanced output too. Uses 1/4” connectors. Been just shoving a TS plug in grounding the inverted output. Not sure if this is optimal, but is how most pro gear is designed.
Built a new amplifier last month. Decided it was time to install a transformer to convert the balanced output to drive the single ended amplifier.
The amplifier had a 100K input impedance also.
Had some Cinemag 15/15B input transformers left from other projects. Left out the coupling cap on the input. Changed the input impedance setting resistor to 20K to better load the output of the transformer.
Results are awesome. This was a new build, but definitely this is working great. Have a similar amplifier, no way identical, to compare. The removal of an input capacitor offsets the input transformer.
I plan on installing input transformers in the other amp. Have not had a single ended source in a long time.
Did not need to redrill input jack holes either. Used Amphenol Twinax BNC connectors. Same OD as RCA jacks. They are real silver plated NOS connectors. Hard to terminate if cabling is larger than 6.5 mm. But extremely well made military grade.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.