C2328A-Y sub

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This transistor is part of a remote control for a La Z Boy that features vibration and heat. The remote does get warm and upon opening, I see that this transistor is cooking the pcb and the vibration function is behaving erratically. I would like to change this transistor for one that might be able to handle the current better. Can someone recommend a more suitable one?

So I am attaching the datasheet for it and a possible sub in the ZTX849. I looked for a sub of equal or greater voltage with a higher collector current (5A vs 2A for the C2328A) and power dissipation (1.58 vs 1.00). Would like someone to check and make sure I'm not missing something here. Thanks.

Attachments

• ZTX849.pdf
    66.6 KB · Views: 30
  • KSC2328A-57615.pdf
    317.7 KB · Views: 40
Your lead order is different on the two parts.

*Edit* the original is still available but I see you want a part that will handle more current. I think you'll find that the to-92 package is going to limit your options. If you are going to have to do creative lead forming anyhow to match the original lead order, then I'd suggest that you move up to a transistors in the to-126 package if you have the room for it.

Good luck,
Jason

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.