Audio Constructor is a scam - you have been warned

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I ordered expensive loudspeaker drivers from this site:

- AUDIO CONSTRUCTOR -

The drivers never arrived. It has been several months since the order was placed. After 3 friendly "chase-up" emails, they didn't even bother to reply. I then realised that I had made a big mistake not checking the site carefully enough before committing to the purchase. I did check and found some "past transactions" of the business. After realising I was scammed, I checked the business for a second time, and found no past transactions but sites with complaints from victims who paid for goods but never received them.

The business has a bank account held in the Netherlands to which I transferred money. In other words, theoretically the person's bank account, telephone number and address can be tracked on. But I don't think it is easy to sue a business across country boarder. So I guess these criminals will continue to thrive and scam others. If you can, please help post this in other audio DIY forums so that our fellow DIYers won't get scammed.

I hope my loss will help alert others not to fall victims of Audio-Constructor.

Never buy things from Audio-Constructor, or a website that looks similar to it (I suspect Audio-Constructor could simply put the content into another website under a different name once they found Audio-Constructor to be no longer profitable or legally liable).

I wonder if sending an email to their listed suppliers would achieve something.
Not to retrieve your money sadly, but if a listed company is aware of the scam they might bring their legal powers against the site.

Also I don't see any tax info, business registration, or physical address details at all. - Those are huge alarm bells for me.

HIfiNutNut.

If You have the Dutch account IBAN just go to Your bank and ask them to revert the transfer. SEPA transfers can be reverted, if I'm not mistaken it can take 45 days and of course the foreign Bank must also agree. Speak with Your bank so they mention for reason You were scammed, or if You know the bank send them a mail to the compliance department telling them that guy is defrauding people. If You happen to receive a positive response and get the money back, the foreign bank will perhaps subtract the transfer cost. Google SEPA & SWIFT.com tell You what Bank it is. If that guy is unserious he is already flagged by the bank and You are helping him to pay his debts...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.