Electrolytic Capacitors, Brand: Seatronic

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Folks,

has somene experience with Seatronic Caps? I'm not such a rich man, so I got to look for good offers. Compared to a standard china cap with the same values these are nearly twice as big. I bought 500 for 1€. Hopefully I'm through with buying 2200µ/35V for the next 2 or 3 years.

Attachments

• 2200µF-35V Seatronic vs. China.JPG
    2200µF-35V Seatronic vs. China.JPG
    566.9 KB · Views: 161
Joined 2009
Paid Member
You can always cut one open and see if there's a smaller cap inside. :)

You can also measure the capacitance. Even if you don't have a capacitance meter, you should be able to charge the cap with a constant current and measure the time it takes to reach a certain voltage. Or set up an RC filter and measure the cutoff frequency.

Tom

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
At that price, I would assume most are shorted, and most of the non-shorts are open.

Seatronic is a very old name in cheap caps. I find "good deals" on Seatronics in UK hobby magazines from 1977. They do not seem to appear on the Internet (however several non-cap makers use that name, and a PC power supply maker has a similar name).

But hey, take a 24V DC supply and long leads out in your driveway, smoke-test them.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.