"Blameless" DIP8 sockets

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I don't think you'll find a better solution, unless you go to ZIF sockets, which are impractical except for testing.

The fix is technique: don't push down on the chip until the pins are aligned with the socket.

As for the eyesight comment, well no kidding, I've been using a loupe for the last 10-15 years, they cost just a dollar or two.

Sorry but I doubt that a better socket is going to completely make up for the misalignment.
Much better to invest in magnifying devices and lighting, especially since this can’t be the only place that you’ll need to have that.
Frustrating for sure, I can completely understand as I got into this as a hobby just as my eyesight was declining...

Sorry but I doubt that a better socket is going to completely make up for the misalignment.
Much better to invest in magnifying devices and lighting, especially since this can’t be the only place that you’ll need to have that.
Frustrating for sure, I can completely understand as I got into this as a hobby just as my eyesight was declining...
Maybe it is time for something along those lines :(

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.