Source Of Better Colors in Hook-up Wire

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
No I don’t think it will sound better.

Yes I’ve been making due for a long time with the usual Remington or Belden red, white, black, green and occasional orange and yellow.

I’m not looking for anything “audiophile” labeled.

I like color coding my builds for much easier reference and identification... just makes it all more user friendly.

But I can’t help looking at my builds and being reminded of this:

IMG_1265.JPG

So I’m looking for stranded and solid 16-24 in more muted / matte / earth tone and less of a primary colored bold electric gloss theme. The larger the range the better. Some coaxial would be nice as well.

Nothing grey market / not UL listed. I want to trust something will take 500V if it says so and not burn the house down. Also random eBay rolls wont really provide an ongoing dependable source so that’s out.... id like others to be able to reference this down the road and benefit.

Cloth wire gets gross... nothing less appealing than frayed cloth wire with a blob of flux on it... so that’s out, but tube depot’s cloth wire colors are closer to what I’m envisioning. Like the tones in classic older cloth wire but with modern materials.

This would be especially useful in vintage restorations to keep with the feel.

Anyone have any experience / sources / ideas?

PS if you are about to start hollering about how it doesn’t make a difference and I shouldn’t care because you don’t - please refrain. Save your breath for the guy raving about his $4,000 Quantum Cocobolo enshrouded power cord and leave me in peace.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.