Tone control - Panasonic SU bps in place use 2 FG

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Currently looked at the tone board of my Technics SU-V9 and realised the bipolars are in the signal path of the tone control if go via tone, mostly use Straigth DC and bypass tone though.

I am new to this, but to save spending more, have to either mouser or digitikey being in Australia, i can at RS get Nichicon FG $9 with postage.

replace the electros 4.7uf and bipolars with 47 + 47uf with both - - twisted to get 47uf bipolar - sure the FGs would be much better than the Panasonic SU

Opamp is OPA1642 which I had on hand for a bit of time

?safe to do it this way with biopolars

33dxsfa.jpg

Iomis said:
I would use 47uF film (plastic) capacitors.
47uF bipolar electrolytics may have been deliberately chosen so that there is little signal voltage across them and so little distortion. If replacing them with film caps then it may be unnecessary to go for 47uF, which will be large and hence prone to excessive stray capacitance. You will need to analyse the circuit, but 4.7uF or even smaller may be OK.

Thanks DF96

I got the 47uf FG today- doubled to get 47uf bipolar . Space was somewhat limited as in photos.

not sure if legs should be bent that much, though another possible idea was to lie the caps on the side on some padding

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.