McIntosh branded capacitors

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all
I have to re-cap PS in my Musical Fidelity P270 amp, 22000uF@63v, eight of them. In my searches I came across McIntosh branded caps, black with gold lettering, and “made in usa” on them. Are they legit or a nice fake? They are $12.50 each, 40mm x 80mm. My other option is Vishay, 40mm x 100mm (just like the originals) at about $17 a piece.

Joined 2004
Paid Member
I bought some McIntosh electrolytic capacitors many years ago--probably 2005 time frame. I think I still have some in one of my parts drawers. They were purchased at Brigar Electronics, which was just down the road from the McIntosh factory in Binghamton, NY. Brigar folded many years ago, but they were a legit surplus store and I assume the capacitors were "legit" overstock from the nearby factory. I have no idea who actually made them for McIntosh, and as far as I know, McIntosh had no ability to manufacture capacitors themselves. But McIntosh generally used high quality suppliers, so as long as they aren't "fakes", they are probably good quality.

I bought some McIntosh electrolytic capacitors many years ago--probably 2005 time frame. I think I still have some in one of my parts drawers. They were purchased at Brigar Electronics, which was just down the road from the McIntosh factory in Binghamton, NY. Brigar folded many years ago, but they were a legit surplus store and I assume the capacitors were "legit" overstock from the nearby factory. I have no idea who actually made them for McIntosh, and as far as I know, McIntosh had no ability to manufacture capacitors themselves. But McIntosh generally used high quality suppliers, so as long as they aren't "fakes", they are probably good quality.

Here’s the link:

658-9843-952 MCINTOSH capacitor 22,000uF 63V Aluminum Electrolytic Snap In 2020001142

Hello all
I have to re-cap PS in my Musical Fidelity P270 amp, 22000uF@63v, eight of them. In my searches I came across McIntosh branded caps, black with gold lettering, and “made in usa” on them. Are they legit or a nice fake? They are $12.50 each, 40mm x 80mm. My other option is Vishay, 40mm x 100mm (just like the originals) at about $17 a piece.
After looking over that site I expect those caps are genuine.
Who knows what they actually are but I am sure they are proper quality (not fakes/junk) and will serve you perfectly well.
That's a good price for big caps, go for it.

Dan.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.