Modern looking speaker cloth - where to get?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I think I found a correct one, just kinda at a bit unexpected source for it :D

717qa5ZIjFL._UX679_.jpg

With some help from a Chinese friend, I was able to find a factory which makes it and now I already have sample on hands. Prices are funny to hear, compared to ones we see in online stores. Factory price for 1 meter long x 1.2 meter width speaker cloth is about 70 cents :D Will post some photos later, if anyone interested.

With some help from a Chinese friend, I was able to find a factory which makes it and now I already have sample on hands. Prices are funny to hear, compared to ones we see in online stores. Factory price for 1 meter long x 1.2 meter width speaker cloth is about 70 cents :D Will post some photos later, if anyone interested.

Nice!

They could certainly make the speakers look more "modern". Does the fabric come in different colors, say black/charcoal etc?

I too have a pair of refinished Marantz speakers which need freshening up before they are "allowed" in the main living room. Could you share the details of the source?

Thanks
Mayank

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Hello.

You all have seen Amazon echo, google home, some B & O and other cloth covered speakers which have quite modern looking speaker cloth. Where to get similar one? amazon and ebay for "speaker cloth" show either dull looking, "generic" designs, or some vintage replicas for old speaker refurbishment, but I don't want vintage, I want that modern look. Any ideas?

I haven’t read any but the 1st post, but we have always just gone to the local fabric store and gotten stretchy double-knit material. Available in a wide range of colours (but we have always used black).

dave

Funny, I missed the post about the fabric you found. It's not at all what I think of as "modern" - but I like it. :checked:

I'm trying a 3 way open mid using 4 Lavoce 6.5, 4 Hivi Q1r tweets, and a Dayton 12 in the bottom all active.

Very early in the build but the cab is about 4 ft. tall. The top, side panels and sub will get material covers. It should be modern enough regardless of fabric choice.

Attachments

• DSC04603s.jpg
    DSC04603s.jpg
    467.1 KB · Views: 63
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.