Parts Storage, Organization and Labeling

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
JN,

In post 64 I show one of my resistor drawers, of note is that the bottom is rounded. That keeps parts out of the corners where they may be hard to grab.

I found some humor in your posting yesterday as I was making a new parts holder for an assembly bench I am currently building. It is a five tiered rotating cup holder. I also use the same cups in my hardware drawer system. I find keeping small nuts and bolts in small cups and easy to view makes finding them way faster than keeping bags and boxes on shelves. No labeling needed other than each shelf holds a different size. I.E 2 & 4, 6, 8, 10 etc. The cups can be removed and taken to the assemble area and then returned to the drawer system. That way no onesie-twosie parts that never get sorted back to where they live.

Attachments

• DSCF0001.jpg
    DSCF0001.jpg
    967.3 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:
waitaminute…. that is either your home, or your shop..

So why did you put your name on that cart??? Everything is yours:confused:

Cutting the PO for that Youngwood company very shortly. No visits in the near future though, my employer has banned all travel for now.

Finally got my covid test result back, nuttin found. Funny, I was required to either get a test 4 days after returning, or isolate for 14 days.

The test result took 14 days. sheesh..

jn

I put my name on the cart, so I can remember who I am! Helps when the cart is used on a construction site to have it not get loaded onto someone's other than mine truck during cleanup.

The cart got moved to this bench when I was doing more resistor testing. It will go back to storage once I clean up this bench and the one in the back where the AP normally lives.

Last week I assembled 250 of my security microphones. Just getting a feel on what is needed when the larger orders come in!

Sound System Installation- Arenas, Churches | Edward Simon & Co

Last edited:
Here's a few pics.
the third one I've not yet started printing for. I may just glue in some wood dividers to organize the different nema size steppers.
I may just make a drawer deep enough to tip the drive amps on their sides.
I also have to make a drawer for all my Arduino stuff. May print slotted rails to stand them up on side as well.

Jn

Attachments

• parts drawer.jpg
    parts drawer.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 128
  • parts drawer2.jpg
    parts drawer2.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 122
  • parts drawer3.jpg
    parts drawer3.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
I bought this nice little SMD test fixture for 3 and 6 legged transistors and JFETs. I put the devices on 3x5 cards -- in this case with Vgs on, Vgs off, gfs and Idss marked. Pick out the ones which are a reasonable match and use scotch tape to stick those not selected back to the card. They can go back into the mylar envelope from Dk or Mouser when I need more.

The BF862's matched up really easily. The NSVJ3577's were more randomly distributed.

Attachments

• SMT Storage.jpg
    SMT Storage.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 96
Hi Folks,

really cheapo and green. I use 500 Gram margarine containers (in the UK the brand is 'Flora'). Just give them a good wash is warm soapy water when empty and you can store most things in them.

They are zero cost and with the lid on they self stack up to about 6 or 7 high on a shelf. I use a bit of isopropyl to rub off the printing and mark up the end of the tub with a felt tip pen.

I have been doing this for about 8 to 9 years so I have accumulated quite a few and have found that they do go brittle and deteriorate after about 5 years, but then I have an almost endless supply.

Cheers

Mike

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.