Fixing a Monster Power HTS3500

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2008
Paid Member
Rather than start a new thread, I'm bringing this back from the dead. I've had a second generation HTS 5100 for probably 8 years, and I bought it used fairly cheap.

It died the other day. No idea why.

Opened it up and immediately shook my head as it was so far above me.

I tested for mains power at the first board, so the circuit breaker is OK. I looked at the board where the On and Off momentary switches connect...there is 120AC.

Honestly, I'm at the level of putting together well documented projects from the forums following instructions.

I pretty much figure this thing has had a lifespan as expected.

The only thing I am wondering, is whether or not I can hack/cannibalize it so I could have some kind of simple power center that maintains some of the filtering without all the crazy bells and whistles. I need something to power my equipment.

I took a pic of the guts. All the supplies have relays controlling them. Not sure if there's a way to retain that whole board and use it along with other simple features.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Kevin

Attachments

• IMG_4144.jpg
    IMG_4144.jpg
    1,013.5 KB · Views: 166
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.