Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Parts Where to get, and how to make the best bits. PCB's, caps, transformers, etc.

Threshold DC Connector
Threshold DC Connector
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 15th April 2018, 08:19 PM   #1
jtwrace is offline jtwrace  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Threshold DC Connector

I'm trying to help my dad get his Threshold Phono Stage (Fet 10e) back up and running. The DC connector is broken but I have no idea who the manufacture is. Can anyone help identify who and by some chance know the model #?

Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8223.jpg (956.0 KB, 131 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6139.jpg (1,014.4 KB, 125 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5670.jpg (640.0 KB, 126 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4821.jpg (838.5 KB, 124 views)
Old 15th April 2018, 09:58 PM   #2
lholland is offline lholland  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtwrace View Post
Can anyone help identify who and by some chance know the model #?
Looks like mini-XLR Switchcraft TA3M (male) and TA3F (female) connectors. Used with wireless systems quite a bit. Huge pain to solder due to small size and goofy design.

You might consider something easier to deal with like full size Neutrik XLR connectors and jacks. They'll take up more panel space, but your box looks like it might have enough real estate to work with. I'm sure you already thought about simply hard-wiring. :)
Old 16th April 2018, 02:04 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Thanks but I don't think that's it.
Old 16th April 2018, 06:08 AM   #4
GaryB is offline GaryB  United States
diyAudio Member

Threshold DC Connector
The power supply picture that you've shown looks like the power supply for the FET 10hl, not the 10he series.
The 10hl series (and 10pc phono) has a power supply with an umbilical cord that plugs into the line or phono stage. It uses mini-XLR connectors - female on the umbilical cord and male on the line or phono stage.

The 10he series and (10pe phono) has the umbilical cord on the line or phono stage and with a male connector on the cord and a female connector on the power supply. The connectors are made by Tajimi.

Are you sure about the model you're working with? Perhaps pictures of the phono stage would help figure it out.

---Gary
Old 16th April 2018, 06:51 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryB View Post
The power supply picture that you've shown looks like the power supply for the FET 10hl, not the 10he series.
The 10hl series (and 10pc phono) has a power supply with an umbilical cord that plugs into the line or phono stage. It uses mini-XLR connectors - female on the umbilical cord and male on the line or phono stage.

The 10he series and (10pe phono) has the umbilical cord on the line or phono stage and with a male connector on the cord and a female connector on the power supply. The connectors are made by Tajimi.

Are you sure about the model you're working with? Perhaps pictures of the phono stage would help figure it out.

---Gary
That power supply came with my dad's Fet Ten PC phono stage when he bought it new. I emailed Tajimi and it's not their connector.
Old 16th April 2018, 07:59 PM   #6
GaryB is offline GaryB  United States
diyAudio Member

Threshold DC Connector
Not sure why you're not accepting the answer that both Langston and I have given you. If you're looking for a connector for the 10pc phono stage then you need a mini-XLR connector.
---Gary
Old 16th April 2018, 08:35 PM   #7
Zen Mod is online now Zen Mod  Serbia
Official Court Jester
diyAudio Member

Threshold DC Connector
go to passlabs.com , find contact page and send email asking for Nelson's reply , if he doesn't chime in here
Old 15th September 2018, 06:27 PM   #8
kevd is offline kevd  United States
diyAudio Member

Default FET 9 Connector

Hi everyone, I'm purchasing a FET9 with no supply and will make one. Is the FET9 connector on the preamp a Tajimi? If so do you know if a mini XLR or DIN are compatible? Thanks for the help.
Kevin

Gary B responded to me earlier as well on email:
"Regarding the connectors, I've never seen an FET 9, so I can only speculate. The original FET 10 preamp and phono stage used the mini-XLR connectors. The later FET 10e series used the Tajimi connector. So if yours is an early FET 9 then it would makes sense that it was a mini-XLR connector. Post a picture on the forum and ask again."
Old 19th September 2018, 10:58 PM   #9
MAAC0 is offline MAAC0  Portugal
diyAudio Member

On My small mixers I've replaced the "Mouse" type connectors with theses ones
3Pin Mini XLR Male Socket (SN:xlr04) – CESS

Threshold DC ConnectorHide this!Advertise here!