Threshold DC Connector

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm trying to help my dad get his Threshold Phono Stage (Fet 10e) back up and running. The DC connector is broken but I have no idea who the manufacture is. Can anyone help identify who and by some chance know the model #?

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_8223.jpg
    IMG_8223.jpg
    956 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_6139.jpg
    IMG_6139.jpg
    1,014.4 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_5670.jpg
    IMG_5670.jpg
    640 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_4821.jpg
    IMG_4821.jpg
    838.5 KB · Views: 156
Can anyone help identify who and by some chance know the model #?

Looks like mini-XLR Switchcraft TA3M (male) and TA3F (female) connectors. Used with wireless systems quite a bit. Huge pain to solder due to small size and goofy design.

You might consider something easier to deal with like full size Neutrik XLR connectors and jacks. They'll take up more panel space, but your box looks like it might have enough real estate to work with. I'm sure you already thought about simply hard-wiring. :)

Joined 2002
Paid Member
The power supply picture that you've shown looks like the power supply for the FET 10hl, not the 10he series.
The 10hl series (and 10pc phono) has a power supply with an umbilical cord that plugs into the line or phono stage. It uses mini-XLR connectors - female on the umbilical cord and male on the line or phono stage.

The 10he series and (10pe phono) has the umbilical cord on the line or phono stage and with a male connector on the cord and a female connector on the power supply. The connectors are made by Tajimi.

Are you sure about the model you're working with? Perhaps pictures of the phono stage would help figure it out.

---Gary

The power supply picture that you've shown looks like the power supply for the FET 10hl, not the 10he series.
The 10hl series (and 10pc phono) has a power supply with an umbilical cord that plugs into the line or phono stage. It uses mini-XLR connectors - female on the umbilical cord and male on the line or phono stage.

The 10he series and (10pe phono) has the umbilical cord on the line or phono stage and with a male connector on the cord and a female connector on the power supply. The connectors are made by Tajimi.

Are you sure about the model you're working with? Perhaps pictures of the phono stage would help figure it out.

---Gary
That power supply came with my dad's Fet Ten PC phono stage when he bought it new. I emailed Tajimi and it's not their connector. :(

FET 9 Connector

Hi everyone, I'm purchasing a FET9 with no supply and will make one. Is the FET9 connector on the preamp a Tajimi? If so do you know if a mini XLR or DIN are compatible? Thanks for the help.
Kevin

Gary B responded to me earlier as well on email:
"Regarding the connectors, I've never seen an FET 9, so I can only speculate. The original FET 10 preamp and phono stage used the mini-XLR connectors. The later FET 10e series used the Tajimi connector. So if yours is an early FET 9 then it would makes sense that it was a mini-XLR connector. Post a picture on the forum and ask again."

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.