BC550/560

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2011
Paid Member
I bought some C-grade (highest beta) BC550's and BC560's from Rochester. The price was extremely low, BUT Rochester has a $250 minimum per line-item. I swallowed hard and bought $250 worth of BC550C's and another $250 worth of BC560C's. I'm now set for a good many months.

attachment.php

_

Attachments

• quote.png
    quote.png
    71.8 KB · Views: 1,427
Update:
Both Mouser nor Digikey list BC560s as obsolete and neither has stock as far as I can tell.
Rochester has plenty, in a variety of grades, but the min buy is $250 (~2000 pcs) for the most expensive (BC560CG by OnSemi)

Anyone interesting in splitting an order with me?

Kind regards,
Drew

Some enterprising person needs to make micro-breakout boards for a couple of BC850 or BC860's - connected with emitter resistors a pair of the SOT23's will have comparable dissipation rating and noise performance I reckon.

Farnell quote BC560 as no longer manufactured, as is the BC179, but the NPN ones (BC550's and BC109C's) are available (109C is "best seller")...

Joined 2011
Paid Member
I was lucky enough to foresee this ahead of time -- and I bought 1000 of each so I'd have plenty of BC550-560 parts to mess around with, enough for the rest of my life.

I'm glad I did.

Maybe you, dear reader, might want to imagine the delisting of your favorite through hole devices ... and then immediately buy a lifetime supply now. I suspect you'll be glad you did.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.