BC550/560

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2018
Paid Member
APEX P30ZF with stereo version uses 52 BC550/BC560, actually my New DIY project..

Attachments

• APEX SCHEMATIC Version 2 P30ZF.jpg
    APEX SCHEMATIC Version 2 P30ZF.jpg
    561.1 KB · Views: 362
  • APEX PCB P30ZF Version 2 .jpg
    APEX PCB P30ZF Version 2 .jpg
    561.1 KB · Views: 354
Last edited:
Just came across this thread... I am looking for a bunch of BC550C / BC560C. I will never in my life use thousands of those, and 100 would still be more than enough for me. Is anyone who bought a large stash interested to sell a few?

Otherwise, is anybody interested in a group buy?

Arrow Electronics is one of the largest US distributors and they have the product in stock (even though it's obsolete).

Joined 2018
Paid Member
Alright, FedEx man was here. I now have two large bags full of BC550C and BC560C transistors. What would be a suitable format for the group buy? I don't see myself selling single transistors... I think it would be better to offer bags containing a given number of transistors.

What would be a workable number? Would you be interested in bags of 10, 50, 100, 500 pieces?

Also, would you agree to buy bags with approximate numbers? This would save me a lot of work to count and re-count and double check the exact number. I could simply fill the bags by weight using a kitchen scale.

Let me know what you think. What is important to you, what is not?

Looking a bit closer at my costs involving packing materials and labour with the shipping and handling, I am not sure it makes sense to do a group buy at the moment. The SDIL parts are still in production, and the larger warehouses are much better at packing and sending stuff than I am.
I don't understand..do you have those on hand??

Joined 2018
Paid Member
Well, that is confusing now and still not understand...i need some BC560's, so i have to order BC560CTA soon and may be some BC550CTA will depend because i have already 100 of those..if you are interested let me know ......i have to order 2000 minimum

Its not very complicated. I have a few thousand of OnSemi/Fairchild BC550C and BC560C each (not in production anymore). I calculated the price I'd have to ask for a bag of 100 pieces. I ended up at about CHF 20 per bag. Then you would have to add shipping costs.

SDIL still makes those parts, soyou can buy those at lower cost from the big sellers. I therefore think that a proper group buy does not make much sense. If you still want some of my BC550C or BC560C, send me a PM.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.