Toroidal transformer mounting & orientation

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Toroidal transformer mounting & orientation

G'day All...

I am in the proces of building a 125W/8R dual mono solid state power amp and have a couple of questions relating to the power supply - namely the placement of the 2 x 300VA toroidal transformers.

1. What effect will mounting one toroid on top of the other have? Should this be done?

2. What effect will mounting one toroid on top of the other with one upside down have? Should this be done? I can imagine the magnetic flux generated by both would cancel out - providing a severly under-rated output worst case? Or would it be beneficial for some reason?

4. Will mounting the toroids vertically have an adverse effect?

3. What is the minimum distance from a 300VA toroid that any part of the amp PCB can be placed? I would also assume that one would place the output stage of the power amp closer to the toroid rather than the input stage?

I guess I should say 'hello all' now, i've just joined this forum and from what i've seen so far it looks very informative. I look forward to getting to know those that I will.

Thanks people.

Nic.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.