Copper RCA connector

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am following this thread *fascinated* by mozartfan´s wild assumptions and wrong analogies about all things Physics. :p

just a couple samples:
On the strands,,,I have this (kooky) idea that tiny strands are ,,,well how can i get my idea across, lets say you havea tug-a-war,,if one side has a solid rope , all pulling same rope,,and the other team pulling each a separate twine from the rope,,which side do you think will win.??
Obviously the side with one solid rope, as its all in UNISON>
Ever heard about Newton´s action and reaction Law?
Can you concieve than when a solid rope is, say, pulling left with 50 kg force; the multistrand one attached too it is is ALSO pulling with EXACT SAME 50kg force to the right?
That all the tiny strands combine to pull IN UNISON to stand the solid rope pull?
The electrons are flowing more happily along the path, in a stronger current, unified as 1 team
I am not holding this one against you but against the way too common way to explain things by analogy, when carried too far.

As an example I hate the "hydraulics" way to explain Electricity, or electron flow, when analogy is carried too far and *water* properties (significant mass, inertia, slow speed, etc) are applied to Electrons, where they don´t matter, at least at Audio frequencies.

By the same token I guess you imagine electrons along a wire same as an Army of tiny soldiers marching along a road or crosing a bridge.

Mind you, I am guilty of using similar examples and analogies to explain the Physical World to my beloved Granddaughter Martina ... but then she´s going on 5 in January :)

They shouldn´t be used on an Audio related Forum ... I hope.

In a nutshell, I congratulate you on trying to learn more, I guess we all try to do the same, but please be aware that many examples or analogies you read and repeat here are not accurate, to put it mildly, so they are falling into holes or hitting walls all the time.

I suggest you follow the proper path, step by step.

Try to borrow at a nearby library an OLD (think 40´s or earlier, with even the late 1890's being adequate :eek:) Physics book .
The ones with NO Calculus or advanced Math involved, just plain basic type, the idea is not so much the Math side but getting *the concept* of what happens.

When I suggest this many say, "hey Juan, thanks, but I want to learn Electronics, not dusty old 19th Century Physics"

My answer?: "you´ll learn, in no particular order, about: electron - volt - ampere - electricity - conductor - insulator - resistor - switch - connector - capacitor - charge - dielectric - coil - inductance - battery - meter (needle type) - transformer - wave- frequency - peak - RMS - average, etc. etc. etc.
And directly applying that you will understand transistor (actually TRANSference resISTOR , go figure) , tube (crude name) valve (better name, as in electron valve or "faucet") , amplifier, etc.

How´s that?
How stuff actually works, not by analogies.
You will NOT waste your time by reading such matters, quite the contrary.

Maybe I´m biased :p, that´s the way I learnt it and found it a quite solid way. :)

Last edited:
Hi JMFahey

so a quick follow up to your eye, and ear opening essay,,,on how i am on a misguided,,,dreamy,,,path to understanding,,,are you saying , that folks who invest in super high end speaker/interconnects,,,,,would do very well, to listen and UNDERSTAND, what you are getting at in this bit of wisdom, based on experience.
I mean look
Siltech Emperor Crown's prices.
$40K for a pair of speaker wires:eek::confused::yikes:

then add in Siltech's cable interconnects another $$$$$ = a new Mercedes Benz:D

Are you saying these folks who are sucked into this type of snakeoil scams, are somehow,,,mis-led to believe in hocuspocus ,,,pure 100% snakeoil, the extra virgin oil at that :D

https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=ACYBGNQZmjZ1CZhWUHAXcGLtksdG2P0xtw:1576345923800&q=siltech+emperor+crown+-+$40+000&tbm=isch&source=univ&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj6z9KW2rXmAhWIZs0KHS7aDgUQsAR6BAgJEAE&biw=1280&bih=625

So OK, yes I do have this idea of Siemens flowing alonga path way as a troup of soldiers,,and are most happy when conditions are just right, Now here is something i can not at all understand..
1st off will say, i will ck out amazon fora good old used physics book, so i can get basics down.

,,,OK back to waht i am very curious about.
Do you know the 2 tiny thin wires leading from the main board to the RCA posts (CD player/pre amp , amp) and speaker posts (amps),, the one super thin red and 1 super thin black,,,even my jadis Defy loaded with all sorts of caps, resistors , etc etc,,huge trans..OK,, so here goes,,,how is it possible that all those pieces work together to make ,,,let me see, how can i explain,,how can all that electronic pieces end up going througha tiny wire?
and who knows the wire does not appear to be any special wire at all. could be copper.
But it is so thin,,how doesa huge tube amp processes end up going via tiny thin wire...which is why i bought 1mm pure silver and 1/5 mm pure silver wire (with sleeves) and will have my tech guy choose either one,,I think the 1mm is thick enough,,,and swap out the cheap 2 cent wires for pure silver in my Jdais and cayin cd player. .
The 1.5 mm i am sure of is 2x's the thickness of jadis's wire. The cayin cd player's wires are tiny.
With these new 1mm or 1.5(even more beefy!!) replacing that cheap wire,,should i not hear a better resolution, As now the wire is thicker and will aloow the troup of soldiers a cleaner/broader pathway to travel on...
..Or are you saying,,had i done my basic homework witha few old early 20th C basic physics books on electricity,,i may have realized what mods will work,,,and which are,,,,

pure snakeoil...
As everyone here knows, the audiophile INDUSTRY stinks with snake oil scams,,,been that way for decades,,and still continues.
I always to seek the Real deal in all things audio,. which is why i have SEAS Thor speakers and cayin cd player 17, mark1. + the jadis.
So how can folks drink this snakeoil and not feel ill afterwards??

The Siltech snakeoil, 100 % extra virgin:D

https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=ACYBGNQZmjZ1CZhWUHAXcGLtksdG2P0xtw:1576345923800&q=siltech+emperor+crown+-+$40+000&tbm=isch&source=univ&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj6z9KW2rXmAhWIZs0KHS7aDgUQsAR6BAgJEAE&biw=1280&bih=625

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
> It is difficult to conceive of any place in an audio system where silver gives a genuine useful advantage over copper.

Indeed; in electricity generally, with exceptions which "prove the rule".

> silver as the conductance vs copper's denser material. Resistance is lower.............

Lower per WHAT??

Yes, if the conductor cross-section is tightly limited, Silver is a few % better than copper.

Here is one exception: Radio tuned circuits are often limited by Skin Effect (oh, no, another can of worms). Silver-plating on the Copper may give a measurable increase of Q.

If I had a 1.000-inch hole, and had to fit a MegaWatt through, Silver might give a few-% less loss than Copper. (Or I might size the Copper for a super-tight fit and grease it up with snake-oil to get it through.)

In almost ALL audio cases, the diameter is NOT tightly limited. If a Copper wire is a few-% bigger diameter than a Silver wire the conductivity is =equal=.

BUT the price of Copper is 1/6th the price of Silver. If cross section is not TIGHTLY limited, we can use a few-% fatter copper and get equal conductivity (at much less cost). Or we can go 2.5 times the diameter, same price, and get 1/6th the resistance. WOW!

> how doesa huge tube amp processes end up going via tiny thin wire...

Copper conducts thousands of times better than vacuum, hundreds of times better than Silicon. It makes perfect sense that a "thin" copper wire can carry all the output of a tube or chip.

,,,,,:rolleyes:
,,,well,. i have to put the sterling silver to some use as i paid $100 for each 20 ft piece,,, I have to employ the wire,,,but as you say,,all i had to do was take out a solid core copper piece from my extra home wall wire sitting in my shed (FREE), which is at least 3X's the thickness as the 14ga 92% silver.
,,,how about i wrap the silver around the solid core home copper wire, and this way i get any extra benifit from the silver.
I was thinking about this mod months ago, and think this is what i will do.
I want all the electrons/Siemens to have a wide open road to travel.

,,,back to my query,
, Lets say the Jadis 500 monos have the same tiny thin strand of wire (copper?) going from circuit board to the speaker post and RCA post.
How is it that this 100+ lb mono block full of all sorts of caps , resisteors and all other high tech trans, etc etc,,,all this highly complex amp design, ends up.<<<<filtering>>> down througha tiny , maybe 1/2 MM wire strand, well 2 actually, each post has 2 tiny wires..
I just can't wrap my head around this image.
Which is why i must replace that wire with either 1.5 pure silver (maybe too thick) or 1mm silver,,i ordered both so my tech can decide.

As I say, he looks at me like <<why?>>> He does not buy into these mods. He's old school,
But i guess he is happy to take my money.

jadis 500,
all this has to pass via a tiny .05 mm wire
to get to the speaker post
:confused::rolleyes:

Attachments

• 45a5ccfc820efc351aa37fd08c514d86.jpg
    45a5ccfc820efc351aa37fd08c514d86.jpg
    279.2 KB · Views: 286
As i say, i might be willing to drive up to Baton Rouge, where i have my units modded/serviced, as here in new orleans there are no relaible honest tech shops,,,and have him mod the cayin cd player and Jadis Defy with new silver terminal exit wires and new pure copper RCA/speaker posts.
Drive back and test.
Then drive back and have the tech mod the cdp with new discrete opamps from Sparkoslab and 14 new Mundorf silver/gold oil caps (not the more expensive SUPREMES= too pricey and for what pop gain factor?? 1 %= not worth the extra $$). as i do not want to mix the 2 mods together, I want to know
1) if the silver terminal wire made a pop
2) did the copper posts makea pop
which made more a pop, and which mod made no increase in resolution of fq's in any degree.
Thats 2 trips to BR, a sacrifice for the audiophile community and also my own understanding about these mods.
My goal is to bring these mods to the audiophile community, via YT vids, and they can make their own decision as to how each mod resulted in pop gain.
Thing is, I would not be happy to know, had i understood tyhe basic physics ideas as suggested by FMFahey,,,then i could have figure this out::
A thicker solid copper wire vs a thiner silver wire = same condutance factor = I spent mod money on a experiement doomed to fail.
= Out of pocket $$$$ (paypal now is maxed out with all these mod expenses).

But as mentioned here earlier,,i am sort of alchemic minded,,,as i am a Platonic, not Aristotlian.
I believe , as Jung has documented in the old alchemists, that each metal hasa certain <<spirit>>>, that silver has some inherent quality, which is lacking is copper.
OK, i'll admit it, silver might voice cleaner, more splendidly the upper mids, high fq's, vs copper's <possible> more denser voicing of these same fq's.

Yeah i know physics says these ideas about <<inherent properties voicing differently>> is all hocuspocus nonsense,,,= snakeoil.
But as a imaginary Platonic ideationalist, (dreamer) , i just get this impression, silver will unlock the stellar fq's which copper's qualities are not able to carry out to the degree as can silver.
Its like 2 sopranos on stage, 1 sings so much more high octaves, sharper, cleaner notes vs the other soprano,,,something along this idea is how i see silver vs copper.
I could be wrong, but as a alchemist of sorts, i must experiement.

:eek:

Can I just ask what "pop gain factor" is?

Also, to be clear, there is a very clear reason that companies like Mundorf employ silver in their capacitors. They know that people will buy them, even though there is no evidence to suggest any difference in performance.

This silver/copper mod is costing me, say $400,,,,if it works to a higher resloution, then the mod paid off.
I will post a vid and everyone can decide for themselves , if they can hear a dif.

Posting a video will tell absolutely nothing. This is a pet peeve of mine, simply because people think they can judge the performance of a piece of equipment in an untreated square room recorded on a cheap camera microphone. Even the best microphones are not good enough to allow this, much less what most people end up using. Then it passes through a microphone preamp (this isn't perfect either) and an ADC. Then Youtube processes and compresses the life out of it. Now people will listen to it on a pair of headphones (let's be honest, probably airpods). Is this an accurate representation of what took place in the listening room?

Reactions: 1 user
As i say, i might be willing to drive up to Baton Rouge, where i have my units modded/serviced, as here in new orleans there are no relaible honest tech shops,,,and have him mod the cayin cd player and Jadis Defy with new silver terminal exit wires and new pure copper RCA/speaker posts.
Drive back and test.
Then drive back and have the tech mod the cdp with new discrete opamps from Sparkoslab and 14 new Mundorf silver/gold oil caps (not the more expensive SUPREMES= too pricey and for what pop gain factor?? 1 %= not worth the extra $$). as i do not want to mix the 2 mods together, I want to know
1) if the silver terminal wire made a pop
2) did the copper posts makea pop
which made more a pop, and which mod made no increase in resolution of fq's in any degree.
Thats 2 trips to BR, a sacrifice for the audiophile community and also my own understanding about these mods.
My goal is to bring these mods to the audiophile community, via YT vids, and they can make their own decision as to how each mod resulted in pop gain.
Thing is, I would not be happy to know, had i understood tyhe basic physics ideas as suggested by FMFahey,,,then i could have figure this out::
A thicker solid copper wire vs a thiner silver wire = same condutance factor = I spent mod money on a experiement doomed to fail.
= Out of pocket $$$$ (paypal now is maxed out with all these mod expenses).

But as mentioned here earlier,,i am sort of alchemic minded,,,as i am a Platonic, not Aristotlian.
I believe , as Jung has documented in the old alchemists, that each metal hasa certain <<spirit>>>, that silver has some inherent quality, which is lacking is copper.
OK, i'll admit it, silver might voice cleaner, more splendidly the upper mids, high fq's, vs copper's <possible> more denser voicing of these same fq's.

Yeah i know physics says these ideas about <<inherent properties voicing differently>> is all hocuspocus nonsense,,,= snakeoil.
But as a imaginary Platonic ideationalist, (dreamer) , i just get this impression, silver will unlock the stellar fq's which copper's qualities are not able to carry out to the degree as can silver.
Its like 2 sopranos on stage, 1 sings so much more high octaves, sharper, cleaner notes vs the other soprano,,,something along this idea is how i see silver vs copper.
I could be wrong, but as a alchemist of sorts, i must experiement.

:eek:

Cocaine is a helluva drug.

Can I just ask what "pop gain factor" is?

Also, to be clear, there is a very clear reason that companies like Mundorf employ silver in their capacitors. They know that people will buy them, even though there is no evidence to suggest any difference in performance.

Posting a video will tell absolutely nothing. This is a pet peeve of mine, simply because people think they can judge the performance of a piece of equipment in an untreated square room recorded on a cheap camera microphone. Even the best microphones are not good enough to allow this, much less what most people end up using. Then it passes through a microphone preamp (this isn't perfect either) and an ADC. Then Youtube processes and compresses the life out of it. Now people will listen to it on a pair of headphones (let's be honest, probably airpods). Is this an accurate representation of what took place in the listening room?

well this is , I imagine is
Richard Grey's objection to swapping the stock caps in the Cayin CD17 mark1,
says Richard ADAMANTLY
*Look, been there done that, you are not going to like the cap swap....*..
But he hestiantly agrred to mod the caps.
I plan to head over to his shop this morning,,,if he's in.
Richard will be my main tech in all my mods over the next 2 years, He loves tubes, rare old tubes,,which i can buy off ebay and tempt him to make some mods he sees no reason for.
anyway,,my Q is
Why would a M engineer develope a cap, IF he felt it was
~~Snakeoil~~~
I was borna doubter, i have to experiement.
My goal is to experiment in all the mods in my system, to see which mods are snakeoil and which provide at least
~~a minisclue gain in fq resolution~~~ = **The Pop factor* = Higher gain in resolution of fq's*.

I just boughta bunch of 12BZ7's which i want to place in the Defy's AX section.
I also bought a bunch of 12BH7's, not sure if that tube will work in the AX,,I will post a commment on how that tube rolling went off,,,hopefully with
~~good bangs~~~ Not any ~~booms~~
Yes agree, a YT vid limits the viewers ability to makea clear determination of how a system sounds.
But after some practice, one can indeed figure how each system comes off over the vid.
At least I am able to make some determination of how the system sounds.
I've heard one YT vid, where the guy has employed all M silver Gold Supremes ina amp( He had all the vids uploaded on his Ebay listing page,,,might be sold by now, went cheap, ) and the sound was GORGEOUS, , just UNREAL.
wait, just found the YT vid.
You can make YOUR OWN calll. I know what i am hearing.
Nice lush sound.

YouTube

as i say,,My objective with all my mods the next 2 years , will be to document , honestly, fairly, how the mod turned out.
If the M's failed to makea change in fq resolution, I will certainly posta honest review.
My goal , as i say, in all these mods, is to determine, which is
~~Snakeoil~~~ and which are
~~The Real Deal~~~
Yes I have seen this vid and madea few comments in the YT vid comment section

Mr Young wrote some respises to my comments.
He mentioned he can only makea judgement via actual testing equipment, and not ina sound room by a ear, which may be ~~biased~~ = ~~fooled into thinking hearing something, which is NOT there~~~
There seems to bea rift, a ongoing discussion//debate, twix technicians and the audiophile groupies.
Can testing equipment acutally determine the sound quality of a capicitor, apart from music?
That is , i can see from the vids the oil cap did not show much a improvement over the low priced cap in test results.
Young Ahn, is of the opinion, ~~what tests show, will also be heard in the actual set up~~~
My tech guy in Baton Rouge also was against my ideas of employing expenisve caps.
**Why?**

YouTube

Attachments

• IMG_0961.jpg
    IMG_0961.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 228
  • IMG_0962.jpg
    IMG_0962.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 225
  • IMG_0963.jpg
    IMG_0963.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 227
  • IMG_0964.jpg
    IMG_0964.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 203
,,,,,:rolleyes:
,,,well,. i have to put the sterling silver to some use as i paid $100 for each 20 ft piece,,, I have to employ the wire,,,but as you say,,all i had to do was take out a solid core copper piece from my extra home wall wire sitting in my shed (FREE), which is at least 3X's the thickness as the 14ga 92% silver.
,,,how about i wrap the silver around the solid core home copper wire, and this way i get any extra benifit from the silver.
I was thinking about this mod months ago, and think this is what i will do.
I want all the electrons/Siemens to have a wide open road to travel.
Easy: you electroplate that silver on the copper wire.
You can get a nice thick even coating.

Fq resolution? What is that supposed to mean?

High-resolution audio - Wikipedia

High resolution = High Fidelity (Philips terminology used on their 1970's speakers) = not British ~~warm~~ sound (Brits make the very worst very low fq resolution tubes and equipment in history).
fq resolution is what we are all after, gaining the highest performance of of intergrated units.
Yesterday, i made the mod with silver wire on the Millenium tweet in the Seas Thors,,,a bit thin sounding w/o copper,,so added the copper also, and added silver to the copper strand wire going to the midwoofers,,now in this process, i noted i had
~~the left channel bi wires<<<crisscrossed, that is, one black was going to mids, and the red going to tweet,,This may explain why I had such a high breakdown (distortion) going on,,,,,which i was attributing to the Lite LS9 Jadis clone preamp...
So with the speaker wires going to their proper posts on this biwire system, i also added silver to the existing copper strand...
WOW, now the sound is ~~Glorious,,,, Not sure if the high resolution is more from proper crossing of wires or from added silver.
I have no time to take out the silver and ck.
I will say adding silver sterling (92% silver) to the speaker wires added a ~~certain charm~~ to the overall sound.
Now on to other mods, = adding copper posts, adding new caps to cd player,,,makinga new high quality pure copper power cord.

You are making this nonsense out of the blue, NO mention of "FQ" in the link you provided.

And it does NOT say what you comment.

Real text in blue, your nonsense in red:

Quote:
Originally Posted by H713 View Post
Fq resolution? What is that supposed to mean?

High resolution = High Fidelity (Philips terminology used on their 1970's speakers) = not British ~~warm~~ sound (Brits make the very worst very low fq resolution tubes and equipment in history).
fq resolution is what we are all after, gaining the highest performance of of intergrated units.

No appearance of the word "Philips" in that page either.

I suggest next time you link to a page to "prove" or at least help your point, it should at least *mention* it.
Yesterday, i made the mod with silver wire on the Millenium tweet in the Seas Thors,,,a bit thin sounding w/o copper,,so added the copper also, and added silver to the copper strand wire going to the midwoofers,,now in this process, i noted i had
~~the left channel bi wires<<<crisscrossed, that is, one black was going to mids, and the red going to tweet,,This may explain why I had such a high breakdown (distortion) going on,,,,,which i was attributing to the Lite LS9 Jadis clone preamp...
If you claim a new technological/quality improvement related to wiring materials, at least wire it right.
I am amazed you didn´t destroy your tweeters or something.
So with the speaker wires going to their proper posts on this biwire system, i also added silver to the existing copper strand...
WOW, now the sound is ~~Glorious,,,, Not sure if the high resolution is more from proper crossing of wires or from added silver.
I have no time to take out the silver and ck.
I will say adding silver sterling (92% silver) to the speaker wires added a ~~certain charm~~ to the overall sound.
Now on to other mods, = adding copper posts, adding new caps to cd player,,,makinga new high quality pure copper power cord.
That sounds more like Alchemy or Voodoo to me than Audio science, but hey, it´s your time and money, so be my guest.

"(Brits make the very worst very low fq resolution tubes and equipment in history)".That's bo**ocks. Quad, Leak, Tannoy, Neve, B&W, Mullard all make or made good hifi or whatever.

"I will say adding silver sterling (92% silver) to the speaker wires added a ~~certain charm~~ to the overall sound." Know what you mean, I was only saying to the Duchess the other day that tea out of an ordinary pot just doesn't taste the same after she had to pawn her Stirling Silver T set.

With respect Sir, your talking out of your pipe. Andy.

yaeh i am a bit concern i may have come close to damaging the xover/tweet or amp with ~~criss crossing the black wires on left cahnnel...no wonder the distortion was unforgiving at mid level vol...just gawd aweful...Its all clean, clear and just GORGEOUS,,now how much the silver/copper dual SEAPARTE wires to each post (biwires) have allowed this purness to flow to the speaker,,,not sure,,,IOW how much is due to correct connects of speakers and how much cleaner resolution is due to addinga extra sterling silver 14gague to the copper (separate insulated wires = 8 wires per channel = 16 separate speaker wires total,,,,ooooolalalaaa).
can't say for sure as i have no time to make futher testing.

As far as brit ingunity in all things stereo,
Engalnd makes the worlds worst sounding most distorted components,,,Especailly that growing, ~~warm~~ B & W speaker line, yullckkk, B&W pure snakeoil.
Englands recording engineers use all brit equipemnt and their growling super high distortion
tone equipment shows up on every classical cd from english studios.

Hey Diabolical Artificer

thats real funny, . you brits really have the best humor over us. , gald you could give us the best chuckle of the day.

I seriously disagree with your statement about British made equipment. Some of the very best audio equipment (and recordings!) were made in England. Feel free to go over to Gearslutz and argue that Neve, Trident, SSL, Helios (I believe they were English) and Midas (pre-behringer) consoles suck. While we're talking about British audio, let's not forget Turbosound BSS (Back in the day, they made more than just signal processors. The EPC780 was and still is an engineering marvel). While we're at it, I'll group in MC^2 amplifiers and Quested studio monitors. That's just the solid-state stuff.

Those API, Harrison and MCI consoles made in the good 'ol USA weren't "distortion free" either.

I've tested Mullard and Brimar tubes and found nothing about them to be poorly behaved.

Now... since when does changing the material in speaker cables have anything to do with resolution? "high-resolution audio" implies digital, and no changes in material will have any impact at all whatsoever on the sampling rate used in the recording or the DAC. The Wikipedia article linked is entirely about digital audio. None of your modifications have anything to do with the digital audio path. Terms without a definition are of little use.

"thats real funny, . you brits really have the best humor over us" Thanks, were known for our great sense of humour and cutting edge engineering, EG audio ( BBC pioneered lots of recording techniques as well as design). Joe Meek and George Martin had a few good ideas too. We invented the lightbulb, TV, computors as well as a few other things, sorry Yanks, you just made them work : ) Our bands weren't bad either, though sorry about the Wurzels, Showaddywaddy and the Wombles.

Andy.

Last edited:
"thats real funny, . you brits really have the best humor over us" Thanks, were known for our great sense of humour and cutting edge engineering, EG audio ( BBC pioneered lots of recording techniques as well as design). Joe Meek and George Martin had a few good ideas too. We invented the lightbulb, TV, computors as well as a few other things, sorry Yanks, you just made them work : )

Some Americans have an over-inflated sense of accomplishment and self-worth. They tend to be the ones who say "the British never did anything significant." Usually they proceed to talk about the size of American tanks and pickup trucks.

My personal experience is that very often, British-made stuff isn't always the most reliable, but when it works, there is usually something very special about it. It's got personality, if you will. Their audio equipment, however, tends to be just as reliable as the American stuff though.

Our bands weren't bad either, though sorry about the Wurzels, Showaddywaddy and the Wombles.

Most of my favorite rock bands are English, though I do have some favorites from the US. Typically people talk about the "British Sound" in a positive way.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.